• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well..... Im going to be commuting for sure. Flexible scheduling is nice. Getting married next year and I dont want someone to tell me that I cant go to my own fricking wedding cause they cant cover my trips. Im basically just taking in all of your comments (comments from ppl that actually work for Mesa,Pinnacle, and CoEx). I will see who offers me the job and go from there! Keep the comments coming!

Last edited:
I will throw my 2 cents in. I really enjoy XJET i got base advanced back home to houston after only 2 months in sewark. EWR has awesome crews and alot of good routes to fly. Mgmt has helped me out on a number of occations to switch my schedule around so i could commute. All i had to do was call and ask and they would help me out. I may not upgrade in 1 year but i am happy and i have no complaints. I would suggest anyone looking for a job to try here you wont be disappointed. Good luck in your search.

Its funny that you say you worked here three years ago and hated it because everyone i know says the flying Pre911 was awesome and everyone had a blast. Let me guess you really didnt work here and got turned down for a job and are pissed about it or you left and realize you screwed up because you would be a Captain here now if you would have stayed. Besides we are happy you arent here now because we wouldnt want you to be unhappy and think it sucks so thanks for not working here anymore.

Spinplate said:
Why cant they tell you where you will be based right up front? They tell you weeks into training and then make you scurry around to get setup with some apt. or crash pad in a city youve never even been to. Man, that is some messed up $hit

I agree, this is the worst aspect of becoming a new hire here. From what I've heard it's the ever changing speed at which CAL plans on taking XJet pilots as well as XJet not knowing how many (and there for which base we'll lose them) pilots are commiting to go over to CAL. Hopefully for future new hires these variables will flatten out and they'll find out their base assignments in the first week or so like they use to do.

For a while now it seems everyone is put in CLE or EWR to start off. We're running a bid every few months so folks wanting IAH are able to bid into the base soon after making it to the line.

Anais Nin said:
Huh? 'Scuse me? Did I hurt your feelings or something over XJet?!!?!?!? Chill out! I do know a lot about the place, I was there 5 years, but like I said it was over three years ago. I left for a corporate gig and couldn't be happier! Everyone has their own opinion, and that's mine! I frankly thought the place sucked ass! Crew bases blow, upgrade time abysmal, and a bunch of freaking 1000 hour dorks!
You can defend it all you want......trust me, I hear tons of people doin' just that. But from my perspective it really sucked....badly!!!!!

Anals,

If you get that upset about a comment on a message board I bet you were a blast to fly with. The funny thing is you make fun of those "1,000 hour dorks!" but guess what? I bet they all have more time and experience than you do now since you fly corporate.

I agree with Franklin, the videos XJT now has are great since you came out of the closet. But if you're going to be that upset then maybe you need to go back in. I hope you haven't hit on any of your new coporate buddies. I hear the good ole' boy network won't tolerate that.

Last edited:
ExpressJet is a good airline and if you don't commute you'll enjoy life. It has some great people working for it. If you commute, any airline will feel like it greener over at some other place - sad but true.

Sounds like my colleagues have said it all. This is a great place to work but it is all an opinion. However, It makes me pretty proud to see all of our guys on here talking about how great the company is when all you have to do is go to the main page of the forum and see (insert airline here) sucks. I have yet to see an Xjet sucks thread. I also see threads bashing low time CA's and then complaining that the upgrade is more than 9 mos. It dowsn't work both ways. You can't have relatively expereinceed CA's with a quick upgrade time. (I shouldn't even say quick because if you ask me 2-3 years for a jet upgrade is about what you need. And anything less is not quick it's hypersonic) I 've got news for you, if everyone at the airline is upgrading in 7-9 months then no one has any experience in the left seat and you as the low time guy have no one to learn from. I definitely learned during my time in the right seat because thats what you are there to do and our CA's are great at teaching what they have found works while realizing that there is more than one way to aviate and you need to find a method that works for you. They don't spend all day berating an FO because he is low time they teach the lad. ANd I must say In the four years I was an FO I never once had a CA talk down to me while teaching me something. Our CA's are very sincere and want to see th FO's become good CA's. We were all low time at some point.

Our CA's really care about our airline and our product and I think that says a lot.

Last edited:
CLECA said:
Sounds like my colleagues have said it all. This is a great place to work but it is all an opinion. However, It makes me pretty proud to see all of our guys on here talking about how great the company is when all you have to do is go to the main page of the forum and see (insert airline here) sucks. I have yet to see an Xjet sucks thread. I also see threads bashing low time CA's and then complaining that the upgrade is more than 9 mos. It dowsn't work both ways. You can't have relatively expereinceed CA's with a quick upgrade time. (I shouldn't even say quick because if you ask me 2-3 years for a jet upgrade is about what you need. And anything less is not quick it's hypersonic) I 've got news for you, if everyone at the airline is upgrading in 7-9 months then no one has any experience in the left seat and you as the low time guy have no one to learn from. I definitely learned during my time in the right seat because thats what you are there to do and our CA's are great at teaching what they have found works while realizing that there is more than one way to aviate and you need to find a method that works for you. They don't spend all day berating an FO because he is low time they teach the lad. ANd I must say In the four years I was an FO I never once had a CA talk down to me while teaching me something. Our CA's are very sincere and want to see th FO's become good CA's. We were all low time at some point.

Our CA's really care about our airline and our product and I think that says a lot.

Good post Capt. As a new FO I can say that is experience I have had.

ERfly said:

I would say that this place is probably one of the best, if not the best regional out there. Don't let rumors of long upgrades or us loosing CAL flying in 2007 scare you away. Those are just rumors. The work rules we have here can't be beat. Plus, you'll fly with some of the greatest people on Earth. We have a good relationship with management and a very strong MEC. Long upgrade or not, this is a place you can be comfortable at for a while.

Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade too much. But how in 2007 do you intend to keep all those wonderful work rules and pay when CAL comes and says
others can do it for less. Do you think that you will be able to match the costs others will probably provide to CAL without changes? Look at UA and learn your lessons well. It seems to be only a matter of time till you will face the same issues Air Wisconsin and ACA faced. Air Willy landed on their feet(maybe?),ACA.....well they are trying to survive. There is no difference in your performance and those other guys so how will you do it? It is clear that what CAL pays today is more than they intend to pay in the future. How do you see it working out for Express Jet and still maintain all the good stuff you got?

I'm not seeing how there's going to be much more growth at express jet accept for attrition. Exjet is approaching the scope AND CAL in 2007 is coming....

Besides that, the bases aren't too great in my opinion.

theo said:
Do you think that you will be able to match the costs others will probably provide to CAL without changes?

Without changes? Do you think that Chitaco or Mesa can give CAL the same product we give them now?
First of all, we are tied to CAL in many ways, so replacing us is not a good option. Second, we may charge a little bit more, but provide better customer service, and are more reliable than any regional right now.

Sure, CAL can start using Chitaco and Mesa, but that will only take them out of business. CAL still cares about customer service, not just the bottom line, like DAL, UAL and NWA, and you can see how good they are doing.

Latest resources

Back