Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas said:
Without changes? Do you think that Chitaco or Mesa can give CAL the same product we give them now?

Yes I do think so and all the numbers on performance I see seem to prove that point.

First of all, we are tied to CAL in many ways, so replacing us is not a good option. Second, we may charge a little bit more, but provide better customer service, and are more reliable than any regional right now.

Not good for whom? CAL? Maybe it is a complication to replce you but they certainly will if the costs are more. What is a little bit more. I agree all things being equal or close to equal they would not want to go throught the trouble of changing things around. But as we have seen in other cases the differences were tremendous and you saw what happened.

Sure, CAL can start using Chitaco and Mesa, but that will only take them out of business. CAL still cares about customer service, not just the bottom line, like DAL, UAL and NWA, and you can see how good they are doing.

Well in fact Chautaqua is growing and adding code shares with these carriers even now, as is Mesa, Go-Jet and others. Skywest is growing their relationship with UA and DL as well. The legacy carrier problems are not related to the cost or service provided by their feeder carriers. In most cases they are counting on the feeder carriers to help bail their sorry A S S E S out of the situation they are in.

I wish you luck but you better get your head out of the sand and prepare yourself for what is coming down the road.

theo said:
But how in 2007 do you intend to keep all those wonderful work rules and pay when CAL comes and says others can do it for less.

Quite easily actually. We have already looked at our projected numbers for the future and realized that the product we offer can't be matched for less. Especially by Chautauqua. They were the primary focus for all of the research. Sure others do it for a lower pay rate to their pilots but thats it. Quite frankly CAL nor NWA UAL or DAL care what their feeders pay their pilots. I know I'm off the point. How you ask is by bringing the many aspects of an airline that are normally outsourced in house. We have our own state of the art training facility with our own sims, our own instructors training materials etc. that most airlines have to pay companies like simuflite or flight safety to do for them. That costs not only money but a premium penny so that they can make a buck while doing it. In addition to these things we print all of our publications, manuals , AOM/CFM, QRH, memos, safety briefing cards every last detail comes straight from our own print shop. If its on paper we printed it. Again the companies that print that stuff do it to make money so again a premium price. Thten there's ACARS, our online Crew tracking and scheduling programs that reduce the labor required to answer every call around the clock. I don't think I've talked to a human to do a trip trade or drop or pick up in 2-3 years. The perk to this is not only are they saving money but it improves our QOL. I could go on but I think you get the point.

theo said:
Do you think that you will be able to match the costs others will probably provide to CAL without changes?

See above post.

theo said:
Look at UA and learn your lessons well. There is no difference in your performance and those other guys so how will you do it? It is clear that what CAL pays today is more than they intend to pay in the future.

Check the DOT reports our performance exceeds most of "those other guys". Lesson learned directly form them. What not to do.

theo said:
How do you see it working out for Express Jet and still maintain all the good stuff you got?

This is another one in which we have done some research and even though everyone puts our scope into a perspective of mainline it works both ways. Our CEO has already said that after our obligation to CAL is up we are going to set at least 1/3 of our sights on other carriers while keeping 1/3 with CAL. So, if your post was supposed to worry us about CAL dropping us I don't think that we're too worried right now until either a) you all learn how to do things right by offer a product at least as good as ours. or b.) do it WAY CHEAPER than us. And right now, contrary to popular belief, not oonly are you not as cheap as us, but more expensive when you consider a few of things other than payrates, as I mentioned above. These things are also required to run an airline for hire as all of us "feeders" are . c) just remember, while you think your setting your sights on our cash cow, we're actually eyeing yours come 2007!

Look out world, 2007 we're coming to a hub near you.

Maybe BluDevAV8R can add to this.

Last edited:
theo said:
I wish you luck but you better get your head out of the sand and prepare yourself for what is coming down the road.

Sure, they can decide to replaces us, but that would be a bean-counter-desperate move in order to save some money at the moment. But that would be as good as shooting themselves in the foot.

See post above, CLECA said it a lot better.

theo said:

dude, who the hell do you work for?

CHQ is taking delivery of 26 E-170's this year alone. You can keep CAL. ;)

Sure, CAL can start using Chitaco and Mesa, but that will only take them out of business. CAL still cares about customer service, not just the bottom line, like DAL, UAL and NWA, and you can see how good they are doing
And for all you goobers who keep bashing CHQ. Their is NUMEROUS 50 seat flying bids that we DID NOT compete for. Why? Our CEO's own words: We did not want to contribute to lowering rates in this industry. Subsequently SkyWest, and Mesa got the flying. We did not bid on any of it.

Nor are we eyeing CAL, we have no beef with Express, don't make one

ASH,

As I just said on the other thread - you are a tool. If you believe all your CEO says I have a bridge to sell you and I will mix up the next batch of koolaid you gulp down with a smile.

Flechas said:
And that's why you guys have industry leading pay for 170 seaters right?

Complain about it when you work here. Otherwise...shut it. We really could give a rat's ass....:rolleyes:

StarChecker said:
Complain about it when you work here. Otherwise...shut it. We really could give a rat's ass....:rolleyes:

Who invited you to the conversation? Go back to your 170.

Besides, I don't need to complain about it, I work in a much better company.

Latest resources

Back