• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, I wish I didn't have this history, but it's a fact. I've worked for three regionals now...it's a long story, that includes my own choices. ASA, SkyWest, and ExpressJet. With that sorry but unique perspective, I can tell you that XJT is hands down the best operation, by a long shot. It's obviously because we were hooked to the CAL umbilical cord, and still are, so it runs just like a major airline. The pilots at all three are excellent people, but the management at XJT is also the best because it truly runs an operation that still respect the pilots. Their goal is to be the best, not trample the little people.

At ASA I felt like management thought we were all worthless. At SkyWest I felt like management, albeit good at running a value airline could just laugh in our faces because we had no recourse for rules except what management said. Everyone over there from schedulers to whomever can just say, "that's the way it is and your gonna like it". I hated that. Plus everything has to be submitted via some archaic method. No bashing on anyone, just telling you how I see it. There is a reason many pilots at XJT are lifers, and it sure isn't the pay. Figure it out.

theo said:
Sorry, I don't mean to rain on your parade too much. But how in 2007 do you intend to keep all those wonderful work rules and pay when CAL comes and says
others can do it for less. Do you think that you will be able to match the costs others will probably provide to CAL without changes? Look at UA and learn your lessons well. It seems to be only a matter of time till you will face the same issues Air Wisconsin and ACA faced. Air Willy landed on their feet(maybe?),ACA.....well they are trying to survive. There is no difference in your performance and those other guys so how will you do it? It is clear that what CAL pays today is more than they intend to pay in the future. How do you see it working out for Express Jet and still maintain all the good stuff you got?

With that said, I can honestly say I don't think any airline is going to come in to XJT territory and take away it's lifeline. Think about it. XJT has a huge fleet, and if you know economics, this is an absolute that is very difficult to undercut financially. Even when pilots have poor contracts, or none at all, it doesn't mean that there isn't room for XJT to lower the cost to CAL even more. Mark my words, nobody is going to take flying from XJT in 2007. Will CAL add some additional flying in other places using other regionals? I think it could and probably will happen, but CAL will not give up the huge quality and economic advantages XJT gives with it's fleet utilization of 274 ERJs.

ASH said:
CHQ is taking delivery of 26 E-170's this year alone. You can keep CAL. ;)

And for all you goobers who keep bashing CHQ.

we have no beef with Express, don't make one

I don't thinnk anything in my post was bashing CHQ. I only even mentioned them once. Let alone making a beef. All I said was that XJT felt CAL might have been looking at them so when we did our research we did it with them specifically in mind. If anything it was a compliment. You need to chill dude.

Flechas said:
Who invited you to the conversation? Go back to your 170.

Besides, I don't need to complain about it, I work in a much better company.

Dude show some respect. Never kick a man when he's down.

CLECA said:
Dude show some respect. Never kick a man when he's down.

Living in base with 19 days off as an FO. A line holding CA after one month on reserve....ya....I'm down.....:rolleyes:

Flechas said:
Who invited you to the conversation? Go back to your 170.

Besides, I don't need to complain about it, I work in a much better company.

You invited it when you attemted to put CHQ in the same boat as Mesa. Just like you feel it's necessary to defend express jet, plenty of guys are willing to defend the CHQ. Your an ignoramous who takes shots at a company based on the propaganda you read on Flightinfo.

Capt.PoopyPants said:
You invited it when you attemted to put CHQ in the same boat as Mesa. Just like you feel it's necessary to defend express jet, plenty of guys are willing to defend the CHQ. Your an ignoramous who takes shots at a company based on the propaganda you read on Flightinfo.

Maybe I did invite him then, but they are pretty much in the same boat as Mesa, they underbid to get their contracts, and their pay is down there for the 170's.

BTW, it's you're, not your.

Last edited:
Flechas said:
Maybe I did invited him then, but they are pretty much in the same boat as Mesa, they underbid to get their contracts, and their pay is down there for the 170's.

BTW, it's "Maybe I did invite him then....., not invited him then.....;)

Flechas said:
Maybe I did invited him then, but they are pretty much in the same boat as Mesa, they underbid to get their contracts, and their pay is down there for the 170's.

And how do you know this? How do you know it's not because of the product they offer or the type of aircraft they fly? You don't. Just Like it says in your profile, you are addicted to Flightinfo, and that is where you get all of your of your "facts".

I can easily say that your probably right as far as the Delta flying. That was probably a result of lowest bidder. Comair and ASA both have far better pay rates for their pilots than CHQ. It's likely that this did have an effect on CHQ's bid for Delta flying. But,for a guy from Expressjet to bash CHQ is ridiculous, your new contract payrates are comparable to CHQ's rates.

As far as the 170 FO pay, your right. CHQ's worst aspect is the FO pay rates. The Captain payrates could also be improved on the 170. When the contract was signed their were no 170's. The guys at CHQ know this and will address it in the next contract. How are Expressjets 170/700 rates?

As far as my use of your and you're. Try this: you're a message board internet spelling douche. Your company is the same as most regionals, it has some good aspects and some not so good aspects. Thanks for the english lesson.

Latest resources

Back