• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Delta a PFT outfit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true that during training you have to pay for your own hotel? So, in essence you are paying part of the training costs that most airlines cover.To me it sounds like Delta makes you pay part of your training cost.

M

How's date of hire working out for you? Sucks you bunch of 5 year olds can't learn how to play in the same sandbox with your neighbors.

I am confused. Does Delta not pay for hotel during new-hire training?

They do provide a hotel for the first couple of weeks, then it is on your own.

Is that BS? Of course it is. Should a world-class company expect new hire trainees to foot the bill for their own lodging while in mandatory training? I think we all would state "no."

Nevertheless, that is how it is. It is actually better than in earlier years where you had to find a place to stay at your own expense from day one of new hire training. At least now you get a hotel for a couple of weeks, which not only saves you a little $$ but also gives you a little time to find a "less bad" crashpad than you might otherwise have.

Bottom line is that new hires unfortunately have to suck it up on the lodging front; after probation is over, hopefully they can suggest to DAL that "hey we can do better than THAT."

I wonder what the rules are for other carriers?

New to me, but from the sound of it-------NO.

They consider everyone Atl based until off to ioe at your base. It's worse they even withhold ga state income tax that you have to file with at the end of the year to get back no matter where you live during initial training.

Why would you wonder what other airlines do?
Most regionals pay for a hotel- my old check hauling outfit paid for a spot-
I'm sure there's a muddle mgr somewhere with a nice kitchen remodel after coming up with that.

DALPA has proven they will stretch the junior out as thin as possible if it puts a nickel in a senior guy's pocket

World class sellouts

Last edited:
They do provide a hotel for the first couple of weeks, then it is on your own.

Is that BS? Of course it is. Should a world-class company expect new hire trainees to foot the bill for their own lodging while in mandatory training? I think we all would state "no."

Nevertheless, that is how it is. It is actually better than in earlier years where you had to find a place to stay at your own expense from day one of new hire training. At least now you get a hotel for a couple of weeks, which not only saves you a little $$ but also gives you a little time to find a "less bad" crashpad than you might otherwise have.

Bottom line is that new hires unfortunately have to suck it up on the lodging front; after probation is over, hopefully they can suggest to DAL that "hey we can do better than THAT."

I wonder what the rules are for other carriers?

SWA pays for the hotel the entire training period; no Tx income taxes withheld, unless of course you are a Tx resident. If I remember correctly they also pay for a hotel on the front and back side of your IOE, but don't quote me on that one.

How much is that 737 type?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back