• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Colgan going to be IBT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will I still get free lunch this time? Well this sucks sounds like Colgan is fd no matter what happens. Seems like keeping the two seperate is the way to go.

Will I still get free lunch this time? Well this sucks sounds like Colgan is fd no matter what happens. Seems like keeping the two seperate is the way to go.

Don't worry you will get everything you deserve. I just feel bad for those who work beside you who deserve better.

This is funny mark my words.....there will be no merging of any list. Pinnicale corp fought it and won. Keep pulling eachothers monkeys over there and stop trying to bully us into ALPA. Most colgan peops dont even post because we know its all BS. Yes we need a union but not for concern of a merger...its not going to happen. Also why would there be? Keep flying those pretty crj's and we'll fly are hick turpo props!

This is funny mark my words.....there will be no merging of any list. Pinnicale corp fought it and won. Keep pulling eachothers monkeys over there and stop trying to bully us into ALPA. Most colgan peops dont even post because we know its all BS. Yes we need a union but not for concern of a merger...its not going to happen. Also why would there be? Keep flying those pretty crj's and we'll fly are hick turpo props!

Yes, we need a union, but why not ALPA? And your right there probably won't be a merger, then again last year all us colgan pilots said we are here to get our time and get out. How's that working out right now? If colgan keeps bleeding red ink as we are, a merger gets closer to reality. Last year we were told outstation basing won't go away, now look. Business models change don't you get it?

Yes, we need a union, but why not ALPA? And your right there probably won't be a merger, then again last year all us colgan pilots said we are here to get our time and get out. How's that working out right now? If colgan keeps bleeding red ink as we are, a merger gets closer to reality. Last year we were told outstation basing won't go away, now look. Business models change don't you get it?

With Colgan losing $20 million per year you'd better be careful on what you consider to be absolute certainty. With that kind of bleeding going on you can expect huge changes to the original business plan.

This is funny mark my words.....there will be no merging of any list.

Good luck. The small turboprops are going to slowly go away. If the Pinnacle guys negotiate to fly everything new over 40 seats your future is secured. And not in a good way.

I recommend voting in ALPA and work to get a reasonable integration. That is what the ALPA constitution and bylaws calls for. There are a lot of very fair minded Pinnacle Pilots that would work well with the Colgan counterparts make the integration go smoothly. It would be a win for both groups. Staying separate only plays into management's hands. Joining the groups would provide greater negotiating leverage sooner.

If you dont work to integrate, you will be limited to your existing flying as the Pinnacle pilots will scope you out in time.

WHat LIst

Good luck. The small turboprops are going to slowly go away. If the Pinnacle guys negotiate to fly everything new over 40 seats your future is secured. And not in a good way.

I recommend voting in ALPA and work to get a reasonable integration. That is what the ALPA constitution and bylaws calls for. There are a lot of very fair minded Pinnacle Pilots that would work well with the Colgan counterparts make the integration go smoothly. It would be a win for both groups. Staying separate only plays into management's hands. Joining the groups would provide greater negotiating leverage sooner.

If you dont work to integrate, you will be limited to your existing flying as the Pinnacle pilots will scope you out in time.

Very simple....the ruling is its TWO different company's. Your scope doesn't effect us, why are you guys still trying to bring up a merger. I have no problems with pinnicale pilots but why do you insist that you guys have some kinda power of merging this so called list. We will vote in a union and colgan will start producing profits real soon....again mark my words. Yes we are redesigning our fleet to better meet todays market and we will continue to trim up. You can continue to try and intimidate the greenhorns on here but the roughneck colgan boyz really could give a crap about your LIST lmao!! I got your staple right here

Alpa's merger policy calls for a fair and equitable seniority integration. It provides for both mediation and arbitration if the parties can't come to an agreement themselves.

Fair and equitable? I've always liked you DoinTime. But try and say fair and equitable to the most recent merger example of two ALPA carriers, US Airways and America West. As you said yourself, arbitration could be necessary if the parties can't come to an agreement.

And look what happened. US Airways East guys gave ALPA the finger, and walked out of ALPA to form their own union.

I digress.

Back to the staple thing. If not staple, at the least we need strong fences, in terms of who can jump to what seat/equipment/domicile.

We, actually "Pinnacle Airlines Corp" bought out Colgan, not the other way around. And as AWA did to US Airways (bought them out), the seniority result has to pretty much go in favor of the buying company.

And whatever came about that arbitrators decision regarding Corp buying Colgan, and how it was a shell holding company? Last I heard, the arbitrator reversed his decision. Or something like that. Bottom line, it stalled.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back