Is Colgan going to be IBT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

Seems like the majority of the support for union representation at Colgan is for teamsters.

1. why?
2. Why?

With 27 domiciles, how can you possibly tell? From what people have been saying there is no organization or structure from the IBT in this organizing drive. Is that who you want representing you?

there is lots of talk about them in iah, but i think it sounds like a majority because they are the ones talking right now.

the alpa guys are just keeping calm at this point waiting for the vote. i like alpa, will take teamsters, but don't want to miss the boat two years in a row...

Seems like the majority of the support for union representation at Colgan is for teamsters.

1. why?
2. Why?

1. less money
2. some other lame answer

that's all i hear in houston. they say 'money,' then something else just as wise. i read a little of the literature and it made some sense, but for me, i want a union that has a large pilot base. yeah, there are 1 1/2 million in the teamsters, but i don't drive a truck.

Tough choise teamsters less money but alpa free food during drive. Are there lots of Colgan people out there that want our lists merged and i would like to here why. I need to be educated before I can make and informed decision so only for colgan people won't alpa merge us and what are the pros and cons? And how would they merge us assuming that is what they will do

Tough choise teamsters less money but alpa free food during drive. Are there lots of Colgan people out there that want our lists merged and i would like to here why. I need to be educated before I can make and informed decision so only for colgan people won't alpa merge us and what are the pros and cons? And how would they merge us assuming that is what they will do

Ummmmmm remember management runs the company. They merge the companies. IF management merged the companies even if we were teamsters we would become ALPA. Why would Teamsters provide us with ample money and resources in a merger when at the end of it we would be a different union? Being ALPA isn't about merging, it's about having the most resources available to make a Colgan Pilots Union successful. Being Teamsters, ALPA, actors guilde doesn't mean anything. The pilots make the union a success. That's why Teamsters and ALPA have both success stories and failures.

Ummmmmm remember management runs the company. They merge the companies. IF management merged the companies even if we were teamsters we would become ALPA. Why would Teamsters provide us with ample money and resources in a merger when at the end of it we would be a different union? Being ALPA isn't about merging, it's about having the most resources available to make a Colgan Pilots Union successful. Being Teamsters, ALPA, actors guilde doesn't mean anything. The pilots make the union a success. That's why Teamsters and ALPA have both success stories and failures.

Well said. If there is a merger, Pinnacle being ALPA, Colgan would be in a better position being ALPA as well. The merger would happen in accordance with ALPA's merger policy.

If there is a better reason for the choice, I would say it is because ALPA represents pilots. Only pilots. They understand the unique needs of pilots. There are many more resources for a pilot under the ALPA umbrella. Since IBT represents all different kinds of labor groups, without specializing in pilots, the representation would be better with ALPA. Also, the bargaining power with management of Pinnacle and the pilots of Pinnacle would be stronger.

Originally Posted by GEORGE DUBYA

Like most every other thing in life... division conquers... Divided we fail.... Join forces become a BIG voice... negotiate together... and pull each other up! Or...Vote in teamsters... bring in division... and pull the other down as we continue this race to the bottom... Strength in numbers!
Given the nod nod...wink wink...hush hush leadership that has brought the IBT this far... I dont have a great deal of condindence in being able to accomplish a great deal or even achieve a contract that is worth a whole lot... somewhere between what we have now and what the FA's have is probably on the mark.. which is just pathetic... Again... join forces... work on a common contract through both groups... tell managemnt where to go... and what handbasket will get them there....

Cheers my brothers!:beer:
V1

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back