• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intereting Article about Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The boys over at Alaska seemed to do just fine in this environment. I'd take those new TA'd rates. Oh well, with this apethetic pilot group dreaming is about all I'll be doing. A lot of people are going to be in for quite a shocker (no pun intended) in the next couple of years if this gets a poor 'yes' turnout

Alaska just got a contract...the company proposed contract has FAR minimums for everything, reserves must call CS by 1500 the day before to receive an assignment that they can assign at their will, into days off etc, 10 days off unless the month has 31 days then 11 days off, poor pay in both seats, worse 401(k), worse insurance, and on and on...If anyone would like a copy of the company proposed contract send me a PM

Alaska just got a contract...the company proposed contract has FAR minimums for everything, reserves must call CS by 1500 the day before to receive an assignment that they can assign at their will, into days off etc, 10 days off unless the month has 31 days then 11 days off, poor pay in both seats, worse 401(k), worse insurance, and on and on...If anyone would like a copy of the company proposed contract send me a PM

Why not just post C9K? While your at it, please post Spirit AlPA's contract demands. Let me SEE what your boys are asking for that is worth striking over.

I can't get it to convert to text (well readable text anyway) so here are some highlights...

Longevity...to move one pay step you must fly 840 BLOCK hours. It is downwardly retroactive, meaning all hours flown at Spirit will be divided by 840 and that will be your pay step.

Pay
CA CA DOS+5yrs
1 64.65 72.75
2 96.64 108.75
3 104.46 117.55
4 108.14 121.69
5 115.51 129.98
6 117.65 132.39
7 119.74 134.74
8 121.53 136.76
9 123.35 138.81
10 125.21 140.90
Pay steps are 2% 4% 4% 2% for DOS +3, 4, 5

F/O pay is 55% of CA pay

No more 150% pay for open time pickups

New hire training 1,000 plus 750 per diem until first month after IOE

Deadhead pay 50% of block

Per diem 1.90 with a .05 increase on the 2nd and 5th anniversary of the DOS

10 days off, except for 31 day months then it is 11

95 - 65 hour lines

Rest FAR minimums

Reserves must call CS to receive assignments if they have not received one by 1500 the day before

Reserve days off may be changed by the company on an operational need basis

Training assignments will be assigned to the open periods on a pilots schedule

Minimum guarantee
will be 15 hours less than the highest scheduled line value...so 80-50 hour guarantee

No minimum day for reserves

Block or better per duty period

Vacation
2 weeks accrual for 1-5 year employees
3 weeks for 6+ years

Vacation may be canceled by the company with 2 weeks notice

Probationary pilots may not file grievances nor may they have one filed on their behalf

That's outrageous. We have better work rules by far at Mesaba. Heck I'd bet almost every regional has better work rules than that. Not to mention I make more per hour on a CRJ900. That proposal doesn't even dignify a vote it's so bad.

That's outrageous. We have better work rules by far at Mesaba. Heck I'd bet almost every regional has better work rules than that. Not to mention I make more per hour on a CRJ900. That proposal doesn't even dignify a vote it's so bad.

We are not voting on a proposal. This is a strike vote. That data above has nothing to do with anything other than being a proposal from the company. It will never be a basis for a TA.

We are not voting on a proposal. This is a strike vote. That data above has nothing to do with anything other than being a proposal from the company. It will never be a basis for a TA.

We all hope that you are correct. C9K is the companies proposal, lucky for us the meditation board wont let them impose it on us.

I'm voting yes, right after I call my rep and tell him that he'd better not use the hammer we're giving him.

If the union gets the big head and calls a strike now, we will get hammered.

I give the Spirit Chief credit though.

People pay sh*t they get just that, sh*t. Kinda sends passengers a wake up call that the world is not going to revolve around you because you are a cheap @sshole that bought a 29.00 seat.

As for the pilots, I wish you guys the best but with a tool you have as a chief who does not give a sh*t about the folks that generate the income, I have a hard time believing he is going to give a sh*t about you. Good luck.

STAND TOGETHER, STAND UNITED, DON'T BEND OVER.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back