• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intereting Article about Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For failing to report a hard landing, and for verbally assaulting a gate agent.

Oops...I heard Spirit SOC knew about the landing via Airbus phone home and failed to call the station to keep the airplane on the ground. It still doesn't make it any better.

Oops...I heard Spirit SOC knew about the landing via Airbus phone home and failed to call the station to keep the airplane on the ground. It still doesn't make it any better.

A O2 mask compartment was reset, and the crew printed out the landing report showing -177 at touchdown. They KNEW, but still could have gotten away with it if they had just ACARS'd m/x control.

Flying the jet without reporting the landing is what got em, not the landing.

PS, apparently, the FO was not held responsible.

I'm not sure what a -177 code is...anyway a new rumor I just heard is that Airbus doesn't want to sign the aircraft off so they have MX running, rerunning, checking and rechecking different things.

I'm not sure what a -177 code is...anyway a new rumor I just heard is that Airbus doesn't want to sign the aircraft off so they have MX running, rerunning, checking and rechecking different things.

a good landing is 0000, a bad landing is -0010.

The numbers are a rate of RA change at touchdown.

a good landing is 0000, a bad landing is -0010.

The numbers are a rate of RA change at touchdown.

"-0010" would never appear because rates of descent on the load report only have three digits. Rates of climb are displayed in 4 digits

A value of -100 is negative 10 feet per second and considered a hard landing for purposes of an inspection. A value of -140 is a severe hard landing for purposes of inspection.

Realistically, anything over the -030 range (-3 feet per second) feels firm and anything over -050 feels hard.

"-0010" would never appear because rates of descent on the load report only have three digits. Rates of climb are displayed in 4 digits

A value of -100 is negative 10 feet per second and considered a hard landing for purposes of an inspection. A value of -140 is a severe hard landing for purposes of inspection.

Realistically, anything over the -030 range (-3 feet per second) feels firm and anything over -050 feels hard.

I'm no mathamatician. But assuming you and the previous writer are correct, a -177 would be a 17.7feet per second descent. 17.7fps x 60spm is 1062 feet per minute.

That's like flying down the glideslope at 180 knots and forgeting to flare, OUCH.

Are you talking about the union boys who want to strike?

I am. Bad timing, real bad timing.

With oil at 50$, you call that bad timing ? A new contract will not kill Spirit if the economy tanks badly.
Besides, a strike vote does not mean you will be striking 3 days later. It is a long process.
The contract the company offers is unrealistic. But my opinion is that they know they could not get these conditions. All they are trying to do is lower your standard regarding the current one. You are seeing the present contract as not bad after all, and that is exactly what they are trying to accomplish. Look back and ask yourself, what you were hoping for when we started to negociate, and what you are willing to accept now. This kind of attitude makes them win again, and you have contributed to lowering the standard in the whole industry.
So vote NO, and you are one step closer to the contract they offer.
The only weapon we have is being UNITED.

Latest resources

Back