• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Intereting Article about Spirit

maxblast72

Total Time
9000+
You can tell most passengers to go to hell as the leave the aircraft and if your airline is cheaper the next the time they book a ticket they will ride you again. It is all about saving a buck nowadays.

Draginass

Total Time
5000+
Looks like he treats passengers the same way he treats his pilots. At least he's consistent.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
By performing in a way that could be described as not horrible, all things considered, Spirit could become more of an industry model during the downturn, some analysts say.

The flying Gulags are on their way!!!!

climbhappy

ex pat
Total Time
aren't they really skybus in spirit's clothing? this is exactly what skybus set out to do..just didn't get to critical mass fast enough..

Flyer1015

Total Time
Moola
aren't they really skybus in spirit's clothing? this is exactly what skybus set out to do..just didn't get to critical mass fast enough..

Except their (Spirit) pay is, more or less, industry average, if not even a little better. (As opposed to Skybus, which was bottom barrel).

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Weren't their captains making $65K - kind of like a third world a320 operator.

Yes, 65K is about right.

BTW, love that avatar, RakeFight. One of my favorite shows from the mid-70's.

jj21211

Total Time
Your avatar as well, captain savage. My favorite show from the sixties!

Golden Falcon

Total Time
21000+

troll565

King of the Sea People
Total Time
Fellow Spirit Pilots,

The Company informed the Association last night that they will be entering a short term contract with Sun Country to fly Spirit routes while aircraft N525NK under goes an unscheduled, required maintenance inspection. The Company has said it expects this short term contract to last for a period of three to five days, depending on the maintenance required to return aircraft N525NK to line service. The contracting is allowed under Section 1.B.2 of our current CBA.

We felt it was important for the MEC to notify the pilot group to reduce any incorrect speculation as to why this was occurring.

boomlrd

Getting by
Total Time
Fellow Spirit Pilots,

The Company informed the Association last night that they will be entering a short term contract with Sun Country to fly Spirit routes while aircraft N525NK under goes an unscheduled, required maintenance inspection. The Company has said it expects this short term contract to last for a period of three to five days, depending on the maintenance required to return aircraft N525NK to line service. The contracting is allowed under Section 1.B.2 of our current CBA.

We felt it was important for the MEC to notify the pilot group to reduce any incorrect speculation as to why this was occurring.

Troll565,

We all get the MEC messages to our email accounts, why are you posting this here? Are you trying to insinuate there is more to this story? Are you wanting input? What exactly is this accomplishing by being posted here when you know that all Spirit pilots received that same message?
I am definitely a skeptic when it comes to anything this management does, and am all for the posting of information that exposes any management ploy to undermine our contract, however this information seems to be pretty straightforward. That aircraft is being inspected due to a hard landing and needed a short term replacement, I don't see the conspiracy in this, at least not so far. If you have further information, please spill it.

troll565

King of the Sea People
Total Time
other way around. no conspiracy, but Im sure other airline employees are going to see SC at our gates

Troll565,

We all get the MEC messages to our email accounts, why are you posting this here? Are you trying to insinuate there is more to this story? Are you wanting input? What exactly is this accomplishing by being posted here when you know that all Spirit pilots received that same message?
I am definitely a skeptic when it comes to anything this management does, and am all for the posting of information that exposes any management ploy to undermine our contract, however this information seems to be pretty straightforward. That aircraft is being inspected due to a hard landing and needed a short term replacement, I don't see the conspiracy in this, at least not so far. If you have further information, please spill it.

:-)

Hail Calvin
Total Time
:-0
Troll565,

Maybe Troll was trying to start a new thread.

You may be wound a little too tight.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
BTW, love that avatar, RakeFight. One of my favorite shows from the mid-70's.

Mine too. I loved O-Grady and the neighbor Julio with his pet goat which always wandered into Fred Sanford's yard. Too funny! ...oh and Aunt Ester gets an honorable mention too.