• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intereting Article about Spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't get it to convert to text (well readable text anyway) so here are some highlights...

Longevity...to move one pay step you must fly 840 BLOCK hours. It is downwardly retroactive, meaning all hours flown at Spirit will be divided by 840 and that will be your pay step.

Pay
CA CA DOS+5yrs
1 64.65 72.75
2 96.64 108.75
3 104.46 117.55
4 108.14 121.69
5 115.51 129.98
6 117.65 132.39
7 119.74 134.74
8 121.53 136.76
9 123.35 138.81
10 125.21 140.90
Pay steps are 2% 4% 4% 2% for DOS +3, 4, 5

F/O pay is 55% of CA pay

No more 150% pay for open time pickups

New hire training 1,000 plus 750 per diem until first month after IOE

Deadhead pay 50% of block

Per diem 1.90 with a .05 increase on the 2nd and 5th anniversary of the DOS

10 days off, except for 31 day months then it is 11

95 - 65 hour lines

Rest FAR minimums

Reserves must call CS to receive assignments if they have not received one by 1500 the day before

Reserve days off may be changed by the company on an operational need basis

Training assignments will be assigned to the open periods on a pilots schedule

Minimum guarantee
will be 15 hours less than the highest scheduled line value...so 80-50 hour guarantee

No minimum day for reserves

Block or better per duty period

Vacation
2 weeks accrual for 1-5 year employees
3 weeks for 6+ years

Vacation may be canceled by the company with 2 weeks notice

Probationary pilots may not file grievances nor may they have one filed on their behalf

WOW!! Where do I sign???

With oil at 50$, you call that bad timing ? A new contract will not kill Spirit if the economy tanks badly.
Besides, a strike vote does not mean you will be striking 3 days later. It is a long process.
The contract the company offers is unrealistic. But my opinion is that they know they could not get these conditions. All they are trying to do is lower your standard regarding the current one. You are seeing the present contract as not bad after all, and that is exactly what they are trying to accomplish. Look back and ask yourself, what you were hoping for when we started to negociate, and what you are willing to accept now. This kind of attitude makes them win again, and you have contributed to lowering the standard in the whole industry.
So vote NO, and you are one step closer to the contract they offer.
The only weapon we have is being UNITED.

Current contract not bad after all? With the exception of the payrates and a terrible trip averaging formula, it's not. Both those two exceptions should be enough to convince this group that we need improvements.

During my first year here, I had an opportunity to sit down with two of the then-negotiating committee members. We had a candid discussion about what I was looking for as a "newbie" Spirit guy and what they were aiming to accomplish in negotiations. I told them that I was open-minded and would be willing to hear them out on the pros and cons of a preferential bidding system, along with other "progressive" language in terms of historical CBAs. I can be a bit of an idealist, and I was willing to listen to "win-win" stategies that would better both the pilot group and the airline.

What changed? Frankly, a continuous hammering by airline management on every aspect of our current CBA in an effort to squeeze anything out of me and my colleagues. From pay calculations to hotel accommodations during training events to scheduling, we have taken beating after beating that has left us mentally exhausted.

But for me, part of their plan backfired. My open-mindedness and spirit of working together is lost. I no longer trust this airline to do anything that benefits us both-- only them. Pref bidding? Over my dead body. For 8 months they gave me a glimpse of what to expect if I allow them more control over my schedule. You want to redefine how my vacation is calculated? Nope, I like my current system, thank you. You want my 4-days off provision gone? You wouldn't be able to afford me at the payrate I'd demand.

So there was a time when I would have considered voting on a "industry progessive" TA, but that's passed. I'll stick with language that I know and understand (with more concise language, of course...I think we've learned our lesson on that). Would I sign on for a modified agreement consistent with our current one? Sure would, with 121-carrier industy standard or better CA rates. FO rates tied to these rates as a more-realistic percentage. And COLA provisions. Better do something about these 30-hour sits I'm doing in BOS/ORD/MCO/etc., 'cause I wanna get paid for that too.

Reading over C9000, I haven't lost my perspective. If anything, I moved my line in the sand up just a bit. This race to the bottom has to stop, and if I have to do it with my feet and a sign, so be it. The pilot group did not cause this rift. The old MEC didn't. Nor did the new MEC. It was management (aka Indigo), and I'll send them my response in the form of a vote.

gator

Current contract not bad after all? With the exception of the payrates and a terrible trip averaging formula, it's not. Both those two exceptions should be enough to convince this group that we need improvements.

During my first year here, I had an opportunity to sit down with two of the then-negotiating committee members. We had a candid discussion about what I was looking for as a "newbie" Spirit guy and what they were aiming to accomplish in negotiations. I told them that I was open-minded and would be willing to hear them out on the pros and cons of a preferential bidding system, along with other "progressive" language in terms of historical CBAs. I can be a bit of an idealist, and I was willing to listen to "win-win" stategies that would better both the pilot group and the airline.

What changed? Frankly, a continuous hammering by airline management on every aspect of our current CBA in an effort to squeeze anything out of me and my colleagues. From pay calculations to hotel accommodations during training events to scheduling, we have taken beating after beating that has left us mentally exhausted.

But for me, part of their plan backfired. My open-mindedness and spirit of working together is lost. I no longer trust this airline to do anything that benefits us both-- only them. Pref bidding? Over my dead body. For 8 months they gave me a glimpse of what to expect if I allow them more control over my schedule. You want to redefine how my vacation is calculated? Nope, I like my current system, thank you. You want my 4-days off provision gone? You wouldn't be able to afford me at the payrate I'd demand.

So there was a time when I would have considered voting on a "industry progessive" TA, but that's passed. I'll stick with language that I know and understand (with more concise language, of course...I think we've learned our lesson on that). Would I sign on for a modified agreement consistent with our current one? Sure would, with 121-carrier industy standard or better CA rates. FO rates tied to these rates as a more-realistic percentage. And COLA provisions. Better do something about these 30-hour sits I'm doing in BOS/ORD/MCO/etc., 'cause I wanna get paid for that too.

Reading over C9000, I haven't lost my perspective. If anything, I moved my line in the sand up just a bit. This race to the bottom has to stop, and if I have to do it with my feet and a sign, so be it. The pilot group did not cause this rift. The old MEC didn't. Nor did the new MEC. It was management (aka Indigo), and I'll send them my response in the form of a vote.

gator

Well said,

When you running for Status Rep?

gator

Hurrah, Spirit is going out. We needed a few less seats in this biz.

Hurrah, Spirit is going out. We needed a few less seats in this biz.

Wow, wishing 500 good guys/gals will get shown the unemployment line. Aren't you just a ray 'o sunshine?

What's your deal? Looking at some of your previous posts, you have a history here. Bounce out for greener pastures, only to find a dead-end corporate job? Or were you canned and now have an axe to grind?

Well said,

When you running for Status Rep?

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm in full support of my current rep. He's got much more experience and is the man for the job right now. A little rough around the edges, maybe, but he's got our collective best interests in mind. As it is, it takes a tough guy to do a tough job.

That said, I haven't ruled out some type of involvement at some point. If I'm here, I might as well try and make it better, you know?

gator

Latest resources

Back