Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skank said:
Ty,
I though you had departed our humble message board. Welcome back to the struggle.

-JB

Like Tony Montana- "I try to get out, but they just keep on pullin' me back in".

Lemmings...all of the airlines are lemmings. The key for a career hunter is getting in at the bottom of the cliff. I am not totally convinced that JetBlue is not a lemming. All it takes is one "leader" to squeeze every last bit of culture out of the airline for the sake of profit. How nimble is JetBlue's management squad? How will they be able to handle being beaten by the Deltas and AAs during the good times to come? How will they be able to manage the pressure from investors? The "...but, we don't lose money in slim times" is a hard sell.

Unless it can be proven to the stock buying public that some young MBA grad won't come in and go "Hmmmm, we could get more [profit, revenue, savings] if we did..." I won't believe it.

In reference to the cnn article: 2005 is still a ways off until the first Emb-190 hits the line. Something can be said, however, that this 100-seat jet is no RJ. Think of the markets being produced today by the Eagles and Pinnacles where they are limited by scope clauses and the likes with their 70 seats. If you bring in a 100-seat jet to compete on those markets and drive down the prices, but still make money with those seats being full, you'll have an advantage that many carriers with scope clauses won't enjoy. Airtran flies 117-seat aircraft and makes money. They are limited with their range with the B-717. This Emb-190 has a 2500nm range, almost coast-coast, the opportunities are countless. Additionally, the Long Beach, CA, airport limits slots to 41 for airline types-- but has no limits on the number of RJs flying into LGB, this will also open up opportunities on the West Coast for JBLU.

Redtails said:
Something can be said, however, that this 100-seat jet is no RJ.

Redtails said:
Additionally, the Long Beach, CA, airport limits slots to 41 for airline types-- but has no limits on the number of RJs flying into LGB, this will also open up opportunities on the West Coast for JBLU.

So, which is it? I don't think you can argue in one sentence that it is "no RJ", then turn around and talk of the unlimited slots for "RJs flying into LGB" that will "open up opportunities on the West Coast for JBLU". :confused:

The EMB-190 is significantly larger than an RJ. With it's larger cabin and larger seats if feels more like a full size airliner. However, the cutoff for slots at LGB is 100 seats. There is no contradiction here. The beauty of this airplane is that it takes the best from both worlds.

I agree this is the next wave of RJ's that will revolutionize the 70-110 seat aircraft. This is going to kick the stuffing out of the CRJ's

I just hope it does what they promise.

dgs said:
The EMB-190 is significantly larger than an RJ. With it's larger cabin and larger seats if feels more like a full size airliner. However, the cutoff for slots at LGB is 100 seats. There is no contradiction here. The beauty of this airplane is that it takes the best from both worlds.

I thought the LGB slots were determined by weight, not seats. And the EMB-190 is over the weight limit. Even if the -190 qualified, there are RJ slots at LGB, too, they're just not all in use yet. There's no unlimited growth there, the NIMBY's will see to that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back