• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it possible some of hiring delays are due to this integration of NJI/NJA lists ??

I highly doubt that. If it is going to delay anything, it is going to delay upgrades. I anticipate those upgrade delays to be minimal. Not too many NJI guys are going to come to NJA. Anyone want to back me up on this?

That'll depend on how long it will be before integration is complete and how many upgrade within the Gulfstream fleet in the interim. I'm guessing there will be a few that might bid a smaller fleet, including a few that are sick of international flying. The more interesting question for me is how many junior guys will leave the company (as some have said they will) if they miss out on the left seat of the IV.

how many junior guys will leave the company (as some have said they will) if they miss out on the left seat of the IV.

That will depend directly on how many positions are available in the market place. A 1 or 2 year FO could potentially make hundred's of thousands more over a 20 year period on the "open market". But we all know the risks that move entails.

When its all over... 99% of the FO's will make their decision (in this order) based on:

• needs of their family
  • quality of life issues
  • job protection
  • long term benefits
  • salary
But that's just my .02.

Wolf

(ps. had a wonder hour long talk with the X crew in VNY two days ago... we need to keep these open dialogs going, so I encourage both groups to actively seek out the other when we cross on the ramp).

I would like to know how long you NJA guy's think this merge is going to take? I also think it's going to be a long time, and would like to see it happen within a yr. I can't wait to see the extra bene's coming our way. My truck is a yr old, I could use another one soon.:laugh:

True enough BV. But I've had two junior F/O's tell me already they'll punch out if they don't make the cutoff date. I'm hoping they will re-evaluate once the details are published since I believe they would be better served long term by sticking around, even if it means upgrade in 3 or 4 years on a different fleet.

True enough BV. But I've had two junior F/O's tell me already they'll punch out if they don't make the cutoff date. I'm hoping they will re-evaluate once the details are published since I believe they would be better served long term by sticking around, even if it means upgrade in 3 or 4 years on a different fleet.

I believe that is pretty short sighted of them. If they think they can make more, have better benefits, more time off and better QOL on the open market then let them go. Or maybe they are so hung up on being G-whiz capts that they can't see the forest through the trees.

Latest resources

Back