Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
no insults

GF, It was never my intention to insult Wolfpack, merely to point out that crossings happen numerous times a day. They are done by people with less skill, and definately, by a/c with less capability. Actually he sounds like someone I would like to tip a few "Bass" flavored sodas with.

I never thought I'd get that kind of reply, but maybe he's crossed too many time zones recently.:beer:

Crossings ...

I hate to break it to you guys, but there are some of us who do not want ANY crossings, day or night. We have too many in our history already. Enough of the "G Envy". Where do I turn in my passport ???

Okay but it doesn't change day to day ops. VSL was coming it was just a matter of time so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Its how the rest of it is going to be broken down which will be interesting.

Just got the word that the NJI D.O. is now saying the VSL will be merged by the end of the month. Welcome to NJASAP boys.

Since the VSL is by definition the merger of the NJA/NJI seniority lists based on doh, and it has already been published, I'm not sure what you mean.

I flew with Wolfpack here recently. I have twice the G time and international time than he does (I actually know his brother better), but I will say this.

That guy has flying in his bloodline. He is an excellent pilot and totally at ease on the flightdeck. Nothing rattled his cage the 7 days I flew with him. He's not what you would consider a "typical" coporate pilot. He speaks his opinion, but then drops it. He would make an excellent union rep.

He has already been my union rep once and he was indeed good. His hard nose style may have been more appropriate at CA than it would be at NJA, at least in the current environment, but there is definitely room for his talent in NJASAP.

Actually there is a lot of experience at NJA as there is at NJI, FLOPS, etc. I have flown with numerous retired major airline pilots who flew to Europe, Russia, etc every month. I personally have flown around China and the Soviet Union for 10 days each tour with Air China/Aeroflot interpreters on the flight deck talking to ATC - using QFE while calculating the altitude from meters to feet as the airplane didn't have a magic button to do the work for us. We did several PARs (Precision Approach Radar in case you didn't know) with the weather at minimums with our interpreters working the radios.

My point is that nobody is better than anyone else. We can all do the job. Regardless of our backgrounds and experience, most of us have the ability to do the job with the right training. It's not magic!

By the way, I haven't had time to read this entire thread and I just picked this quote to make a point. The same goes for my NJA comrades who think we are any better than anyone else. We're not! We were just lucky to get hired before it became really competitive!

Respectfully

:laugh:Hey RTRHD, How many times are you going to be RIGHT!!!!

G200 at NJI, as of now, we upgrade on date of hire and fly PIC on date of upgrade. There will most likely be a new LOA. So stop crying about fairness and come on over and we can show you how much you can really like a JOB. By the way my date of hire is 2/97. Please don't make a fool of yourself and say how much experience is over at NJA. Yes there is a lot of experience on the A side but how many in G's, and fly the way we do?? Just ask the one's that came over if it's as easy to go into China on QFE (all senior PIC) as you make it out to be. Most of the guy's on the A side with all these crossings your talking about are from the A L's so it REALLY doesn't count. Doing a crossing into London is like you going TEB to IAD. Not to difficult if I may say. Ask how many have gone deep into China on QFE and let me know, then I'll stand corrected. This is not a slam toward you, just a simple question.

You G jet guys are safe from my bid! You can keep the QFE and all that seat time! I consider it a successful tour if I don't have to go through customs!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back