Integrating AAI into SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
United Airlines New Hire Class: Circa 1999

Director of Training: Welcome to United Airlines. You have just accepted employement at the LAST Airline of your career. Almost ALL of you will retire millionaires.....

Southwest Airlines Flightinfo Village Idiots: Circa 2010

SWA Poster: Hey you AAI Pilots should shut up and accept whatever we offer for SLI. You just fell into the last airline of your career. All of you will make more money and retire rich....

Angus, You are the champ man, you are really putting us all in our place. Boy howdy dude, I will never think that integrating into an airline with possibility something to add to the employees compensation should ever be argued is a positive again. I think I should now go back to shutting the ******************** up as you said. thank you.

ATN-ALPA and SWAPA have both asked their Pilots to not make posts advertising their SLI expectations.

And yet you do it constantly. Seriously, we're going to have to work together soon ... why not be a dude for once?

On a more even keeled level- Swa had every reason to furlough at least 200 in 2009 and chose not to bc they value us as people and from a business standpoint know that they have us for 30 years- a year salary now equals a career worth of loyalty- believe me- you want to work for this company and the people in it.

Did your company make that same choice? Could you even imagine them making it?

The aggression on either side is dumb and confusing at the same time--- I hope everyone notices this has gone to 15 pages largely through 15 guys who clearly don't get laid enough needing an outlet- most I've met are cautiously happy and excited about the future

You represent your company well.

B
And yet you do it constantly. Seriously, we're going to have to work together soon ... why not be a dude for once?

You keep saying I am talking about my SLI expectations ... How about posting a few examples from the last 30 days or so. I'm talking relative, DOH, etc because I don't see it. I have purposely tried to avoid doing that. It serves no purpose.

Regds,
RE

Last edited:
Trannie pilots should gladly accept and go to the bottom of the SWA list and count their blessings.

SWA pilots should demand a staple, as it would be best for the company going forward.

Anything else will destroy the airline- unless SWA execs come to their senses and walks away from the deal and/or continues to operate as two airlines while slowly closing Guadalupe holdings down.

LMAO! You are one of the SWA blowhards that is really going to be pissed off when SLI is complete. I will be here to laugh in your face when the time comes.

Keep on blowing your self-righteous, holier-than-thou, better than others, jackwad B.S. It just makes the SWA Pilots look like arrogant fools.

Wow! I have no response to you. You obviously have had such a mediocre career that when life hands you a winning hand, you immediately lash out with distrust and cynicism. As for SWA pilots looking like arrogant fools, in this particular case all I can tell you is "Pot, meet Kettle." Good luck with the attitude, you're gonna need it.

PW

Furloughed and BORED at home are we??

Trannie pilots should gladly accept and go to the bottom of the SWA list and count their blessings.

SWA pilots should demand a staple, as it would be best for the company going forward.

Anything else will destroy the airline- unless SWA execs come to their senses and walks away from the deal and/or continues to operate as two airlines while slowly closing Guadalupe holdings down.

Found out 2 things about the anonymous poster doing bsiness as "Bob Dylan":

1. Furloughed from U.P.S. - spending time on flightinfo trying to compensate for his miserable position.

2. Tried to get on with SWA and FAILED. Ended up furloughed at U.P.S. instead.

I guess we DO know which way the wind blows genius......

Can't formulate an actual response??

Man, Angus you sound like an IDIOT! Even your own brothers and sisters at AAI have to agree.

I "sound" like an idiot? Exactly what have I said that sounds like an "idiot"? Oh... you mean the part where I call out "some" of the SWA posters on Flightinfo for constantly posting their drivel sounding as if they are all arrogant "lottery winners" that are being "forced" to share their winnings - versus simply "employees" of the largest most successful domestic airline in the U.S.? Is that the "idiot" you speak of?

Maybe the SWA Pilots on Flightinfo should start behaving like they ARE they highest paid Pilots in the profession; working for the largest most successful airline in the U.S; busting their humps everyday to MAKE SWA what it is; ENJOYING the pay and culture and quality of life that SWA offers them; all the while ACCEPTING the decisions that their SAME successful management is making by purchasing AAI.

OR.... they can post on Flightinfo like spoiled children towards their potential new AAI co-workers; acting as if somehow AAI Pilots "OWE" the SWA Pilots directly for this BUSINESS decision by SWA management; and act like they are somehow "better" Pilots; act like AAI Pilots need to bend down and kiss their feet every 5 minutes just to validate the SWA Pilots online superioriority needs; and continue to attempt to make the AAI Pilots feel "less" than worthy about themselves and their company because they are being bought.

You notice VERY few have bothered to counter the Flightinfo SWA Pilot negative rhetoric.... its NOT because they agree... in fact the AAI Pilots have done MORE with less than most SWA Pilots... its because THEY do recognize and are trying to be professional.

Don't think this is an accurate portrayal?? Then you ARE wearing tintedglasses while surfing Flightinfo... because believe me... many of the SWA Pilots posts are exactly as I have described.

BTW - None of the AAI posters on Flightinfo have said anything towards me or to me.

Is that your response? Well... now you have mine....

Go enjoy the life that you have flying for SWA.... and start showing everyone on Flightinfo that SWA "culture"..... deal??

Start posting like you are professional Pilots in the Airline Business..... working as "employees"... and stop acting like spoiled "lottery winners" for christs sake...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back