Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UnAnswerd said:
TonyC,

Thanks for the surpassingly perspicuous reply. For having seen such a prodigious, glorious, and awe-inspiring reflection of your unrivalled ability to brandish your personal transcendence, I am privileged indeed. Finally instilled into my mind, is the lugubrious realization of my mendacious sense of independence from the sagaciousness that comprises ever cell of your body. I feel I must now bow down and commit suicide before your overwhelming presence to show my unadulterated and tremendous regret for having ever considered myself above your level of empyreal preponderance.
The twenty-fourth word of the fourth sentence should have been "every."

Please don't get any blood on the carpet.

:)

too many big words, I confused, i not understand

huh, i guess you are better than me

Its all one step at a time. Your Instructor did you a great service. Don't let it sway you in your training although it does not sound like it has. Move right into your Instrument rating if you can and enjoy the real sense of accompishment at the end....

1900cpt said:
im not so sure about that shamrock:p

Yeah, I wasn't a very good instructor, but Pete learned his lesson anyway. I didn't really have to teach him anything, I only had to make sure he didn't lose control.

I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

MD11Drvr said:
Its all one step at a time. Your Instructor did you a great service. Don't let it sway you in your training although it does not sound like it has. Move right into your Instrument rating if you can and enjoy the real sense of accompishment at the end....

Actually, I disagree somewhat. What the instructor did was to allow you to experience your limitations. Knowing your limitations is much more valuable than any rating.........If and when you get your instrument rating, you will have a greater appreciation of your limitations from this (let's be frank) non event.

www.bdkingpress.com

UnAnswerd said:
I thought, that's twice as much as VFR minimums. How bad could it be???

Remember the reason for VFR visibility minimums. They aren't there to ensure that you have adequate visibility to control the aircraft solely by visual cues. They are there to ensure that you have adequate time to see and avoid and IFR airplanes that might come towards you out of the muck.

As far as the FARs are concerned, 1SM is sufficient visibility for VFR flight. Any airspace which requires more than that is simply for collision avoidance as there may/will be IFR aircraft flying around from which you will want to separate yourself visually.

As others have said, you certainly got your money's worth out of the CFI fees you paid for that flight.

Thanks for the replies. As far as the flight "scaring me" or "swaying my training", definetly not. Personally, I never quite understood the concept of a student getting scared on a dual lesson. My mentality says that the instructor wants to live as much as the next guy, so what reason would a student have to fear anything??? In short, I trust in everything my instructor does, and therefore don't think twice about the saftey of any given activity...

Yes, I will be sure to thank him again for the lesson. It was insightful, and I think obtaining an instrument rating would be very rewarding, in that you may not think twice about cruising through the conditions I experienced, or worse.

UnAnswerd said:
ATIS was reporting 6 miles visibility.

Keep in mind ATIS reports ground visibility, not flight visibility. Visibility at 3000' could be, and obviously was, something less than 6 miles.

Latest resources

Back