• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Instructor took me up in bad conditions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I went up VFR with 4sm vis (reported by tower right before take off) - it was 5sm 15 min earlier. Anyhow - still took off and as i got to 2000ft vis was piss poor - lets just say it was less than 4sm ;).

I anticipated that though and was perfectly comfortable with those conditions. I would of never done it though without my moving map GPS (very detailed ground map) and an IFR equiped plane. I should also mention that i've done this before with an instructor in 2sm conditions (IFR though), so i knew what to expect.

I did cancel the flight (it was a scenic tour for friends) 3/4 through because of very low overcast clouds coming in from the south.

I learned something from that flight - always be prepared to make the decision to terminate your flight. This was the first time i decided to terminate - and i'm guessing a lot of it had to do with the fact that i made the decision to terminate before i even took off. What i'm saying is, before each flight, make sure you are ready to deal with adverse weather and already have a plan to land before you take off.

UnAnswerd said:
TonyC,

Thanks for the surpassingly perspicuous reply. For having seen such a prodigious, glorious, and awe-inspiring reflection of your unrivalled ability to brandish your personal transcendence, I am privileged indeed. Finally instilled into my mind, is the lugubrious realization of my mendacious sense of independence from the sagaciousness that comprises ever cell of your body. I feel I must now bow down and commit suicide before your overwhelming presence to show my unadulterated and tremendous regret for having ever considered myself above your level of empyreal preponderance.

You are a piece of work. I would slap your face if you spoke to me this way, just for the Helll of it. The aviation world has already filled it's quota of DORKS years ago.

Daveman said:
You are a piece of work. I would slap your face if you spoke to me this way, just for the Helll of it. The aviation world has already filled it's quota of DORKS years ago.

Actually, I thought it was quite cool. Anytime that a response on this forum shows an IQ over 120 is a pleasure.

www.bdkingpress.com

Daveman said:
I would slap your face if you spoke to me this way, just for the Helll of it.

You miss-spelled the word "Hell".
Daveman said:
The aviation world has already filled it's quota of DORKS years ago.

There was no need for the comma in "its". Your statement resembles this:

"The aviation world has already filled IT IS quota of DORKS years ago.

I suggest you become literate before you attempt to trump the credibility of someone you don't even know.

Let's be nice boys and girls.

BD King said:
Actually, I thought it was quite cool. Anytime that a response on this forum shows an IQ over 120 is a pleasure.

Actually it just showed an ability to flip through a thesaurus......

That being said...... UnAnswered, don't let the arrogant/condescending members of this forum inhibit your participation. With..... very few exceptions...... no question/comment is deserving of some of the crap people dish out. Thanks for sharing your story.

Latest resources

Back