Inside info on FedEx pilot hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes!

You WILL NOT be called for an interview (or get to the review board to be chosen for an interview, now known as the PASS system) unless you have the FE written in the last 24 months, regardless of 121 employment. FedEx WILL NOT get the extension waiver for continuous 121 employment. You HAVE to have it current to interview. (Not just to start class. The reason is that people are interviewing and getting pulled into class too quickly.) Period. From my ACP, when I had my sponoree in his office last week.

So, yeah, just take the dern thing, it takes a day to study!

They are already filling/have filled the Feb 21 class!

Has there been any change in the process to get an interview at FedEx in the recent months with all of the hiring that's been going on? I have 3 on line recs and only 1 has been from someone I have flown with and that was 4 years ago. The 3 recs I have were either friends of friends or former squadron mates from more than 3 years ago. I hate cold calling folks who may or may not remember me. And the friends of friends approach is so awkward for me and I know it has to be for the person I'm calling as well. Am I wasting my time or is this the way to get the door cracked at FedEx?

Last edited:
L'il J.Seinfeld said:
Has there been any change in the process to get an interview at FedEx in the recent months with all of the hiring that's been going on? I have 3 on line recs and only 1 has been from someone I have flown with and that was 4 years ago. The 3 recs I have were either friends of friends or former squadron mates from more than 3 years ago. I hate cold calling folks who may or may not remember me. And the friends of friends approach is so awkward for me and I know it has to be for the person I'm calling as well. Am I wasting my time or is this the way to get the door cracked at FedEx?

Cold call your old buds NOW! You really need one of them to walk you thru the CP's office to have a good shot at an interview. Good luck!

Was in CDG last nite talking to an old IOE Ip of mine...

Looking at a fall bid with 250 primary vacancies to Left seat of widebodies

even if the real deal is half of that, that is another BIG bid

Good luck
Los1

Los!
Got my FE written updated. The guy who owned the FBO is a FedEx interview captain.

Tarheel Ace wannabe

It is clearly designed to get old squadron buddies only. There is nothing wrong with that, it is their company and they can hire whomever they want, but it is a bit dishonest to state that they are not doing this.

sleepy said:
It is clearly designed to get old squadron buddies only. There is nothing wrong with that, it is their company and they can hire whomever they want, but it is a bit dishonest to state that they are not doing this.

There are plenty of pilots at FedEx without a military background....

DallasGatr said:
There are plenty of pilots at FedEx without a military background....

Yes, I know of one (but she quit), but I am sure that there are more. The majority, however, are ex military. Again, it is their business who they hire, but hiring primarily ex-military is obviously their goal.

C'mon guys, you have to admit, Jack's current process is a little wacked.

From the email to all the pilots... "We’re honestly not trying to hire all our old buddies, friends of friends, or family members, etc."

Oh, but don't forget to mention that you have to have a current FedEx pilot sponsor you and walk your stuff in, to get the interview.

Huh?!?

Sounds like you HAVE to have all your old buddies, friends of friends, and family members, etc, help you.

And to stick with the Seinfeld theme... "not that there's anything wrong with that..."

But that's just the way it is.

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back