• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indy- Massive Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great!! Now when air willy let's me go, I'm gonna have to fight for a job against 500 more CRJ FO's.

Good Luck!

House_X said:
I'm just curious, how many of us Blueridgers are going to other regionals? Personally, I can't stomach $19/hr, bottom of another seniority list, commuting to another $#ithole, being on reserve and going through 3 months of training w/o pay and being away from family, and upgrades are practically nonexistant. I remember non-reving/jumpseating on Delta was a joke...planes were always overbooked. Also, everyone seems to be having contract problems...anyone getting out of the game?

I know it probably won't make any of you feel any better, but ASA does pay during training. 75hr guarantee paycheck plus a single occupancy hotel room.

Pretty much all the other negatives you listed above still apply though. :(

Best of luck to everyone involved.

Last edited:
FWIW, a friend of mine was furloughed from Indy 1 Jan. When he found out about it in October he started beating the bushes and was offered jobs from ASA and SKW with class dates in early Jan. He got the SKW interview by showing up at one of their open houses. He was offered an interview on the spot. He chose SKW because of domiciles.

There were a few ACA guys/gals that went to ACA during the CMR strike. There were part of the 86 pilots that were fired/furloughed during the strike. If anybody knows someone that fits that description and they are interested in working at CMR, PM me and I'll do what I can.

In general, CMR has been very receptive to hiring Blueridgers. I don't know how many former Dornier pilots we have here at CMR, but it must be quite a few. I've personally flown with 6 or 8 in the past year. Good luck to all.

Beat the rush...

A lot of opportunities will be determined by what happens to USAirways in the coming months. Unfortunately, if USAirways tanks, more regional pilots could be impacted at CHQ, Mesa, PSA, PDT/ALG and MDA. I'd suggest the Indy guys get their resumes out to ASA, Skywest, Mesaba, Pinnacle and Coex sooner than later. At the same time, AWA is hiring with no PIC requirement and USAirways potential downfall could cause other carriers like AirTran and JetBlue to increase hiring.

I know that AWAC could not find enough qualified aplicants to fill its Jan class. If you are really desperate its worth a try. unfortunatly you may get furloughed here too. We have not heard anything yet. But its never good when skywest starts buying 25 50 seaters with no anouncements of new contracts.
good luck indy

"But its never good when skywest starts buying 25 50 seaters with no anouncements of new contracts"

that's a new one. where did you hear that? we've purchase four 50's from flyI, but the rest of the deliveries are going to be 70's we've had on order for about a year and a half.

To all blueridgers...good luck with your job search, and though we are non-union, SkyW is a good company to work for at this time and I'm sure Camielle would welcome all o ya'll.

Mookie

Hello,

Best of luck to all "Blue Ridge" pilots, and thanks for the jumpseat rides in the past.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Heavy Set said:
At the same time, AWA is hiring with no PIC requirement

This is from America West's website just now...

America West's existing pilot applicant pool is currently FULL, therefore, we are NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING RESUMES FORTHE FIRST OFFICER POSITION.***If you have an APPLICATION currently on file and you would like to submit an update, please mail it to: America West Airlines CH-EMP ATTN: Pilot Recruitment 4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd Phoenix, AZ 85034 or fax to: (480) 693-8813 Subject Line: Pilot Recruitment . UPDATING: Application updates should ONLY be submitted for: *Change of address*Change of telephone number or contact number*Significant increase in hours*Achievement of type rating or change in current employer ***Please identify your submission as an "UPDATE" for proper processing and include a cover letter highlighting what you are updating.***PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE HOW TO APPLY LINK BELOW. THIS DOES NOT PERTAIN TO THIS POSITION.***

Latest resources

Back