Indy- Massive Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

neflier

Indy's MEC just announced a massive furlough. An additional 500 pilots will be let go over the coming months. That's in addition to the roughly 250 guys already on the street. Overall, this represents roughly 50% of the pilots on the seniority lists. The furloughs go back to July 11, 2000. The CA displacements go back to April 26, 1999. Pilots who are currently captains will be furloughed. By this summer, the most junior FO on reserve will be on the 6th year pay scale.

Best of luck to all - I remember speaking with a FlyI guy hitching a ride with us when the whole thing began.

Then, and now, I give you guys much respect for going your own way.

That sucks! I did not know Indy Air was doing that bad. Wow! Good luck to all. Apply to ASA, we are hiring. PM me if you need info.

I'm relatively junior, so I expect my furlough papers to be in the mail soon.
I'm one of the lucky ones, no kids, bills are paid and the wife makes good money.

Good luck to the CA's who have to take the displacement...and to those F/O's with families. Times are "rough and tough like leather"...but at least now we can get on with our lives rather than waiting for the hammer to come down month by month.

2005 is shaping up to be a very interesting year...

nothing like waking up and finding out your getting furloughed.

Latest resources

Back