• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indy- Massive Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we have 3 or four flying right now. I'm not sure how many we are getting in the next six months. Supposed to have 15-ish this time next year, more or less.

Most of our current FOs will be on the street. The furlough date effects people that have been or are CAs at this time. Our most junior CA is a 8/2000 hire. Furloughs effect to 7/2000.

In an effort to help out those upcoming furloughees at ACA, lets start a list.

Who's Hiring, and Who's hiring that doesn't have a turbine PIC requirement (since I know most were FOs, and probably more than a few went straight there from CFI'ing)(my best un-informed guesses)

1. Regionals....ASA and Skywest that I know of
2. America West
3. Fractionals...NetJets, and I think one or two more.

Does America West not have a turbine PIC requirement? I'm not arguing; that's just surprising if it's the case.

Come on over to ASA, folks.

Josh M

America West does not have a PIC requirement. I think mins are like 2500 TT time and a bunch of turbine.

IP076 said:
Quick Question...

Does this basically furlough all the FOs?

A friend of mine is about that date of hire, I think a little earlier, and he was just displaced from captain.

Pretty hard to swallow considering I think i've worked with in one way or the other a good 25% of the furlough list.

Good luck all!

Yes, all FO's (at least those who couldn't hold CA if they tried are gone.) In fact, all pilots left will have one time been a CA or had the chance - ala US Airways.

Most junior hire date 7/10/00

Too put in perspective - I was senior enough to hold 3 day commutable weekend off lines. Now I'll hold 30 day off lines! I know this has happend to many for years but until it happens to you...............

ACA Folks

Long time reader first time responding, of all the time spent at flightinfo this one makes me want to post because I feel for you guys at ACA. You deserve our respect and you certainly have mine. I hope in the long run it works out for each of you. Be proud of yourselves. And best of luck.

Thanks Fellers,
dmbfarmer

Disclaimer for all the folks out there that love to tear others apart for grammatical errors or otherwise...don't bother fine tuning my post to the thread I said what I felt.....right or wrong by your standards.

Ouch. Thats what usually happens when you go stepping on really big toes. They just end up getting shoved up your A$$. I think Great Lakes and Mesa are running a few new hire classes.

IP076 said:
In an effort to help out those upcoming furloughees at ACA, lets start a list.

Who's Hiring, and Who's hiring that doesn't have a turbine PIC requirement (since I know most were FOs, and probably more than a few went straight there from CFI'ing)(my best un-informed guesses)

1. Regionals....ASA and Skywest that I know of
2. America West
3. Fractionals...NetJets, and I think one or two more.

Mesaba is hiring now and should be for a while.

Best of luck to all Indy pilots. This really, really sucks. I feel horrible for you guys. That was the place to be not all that long ago. Not to make light of things, but both ATA and ACA (Indy) going south so quickly reminds me of a line from "That's Life" by Sinatra: "You're riding high in April, shot down in May..."

Good luck, guys and gals. I am praying for the best for all of you.

Good luck Indy Guys. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your families!

The rumor at Comair is 100-200 new hires this year, mainly to cover FO attrition. Yes, things are stagnant right now but it's a job. Please PM me if I can help. Best of luck, guys and gals. My thoughts are with you.

KAK

Latest resources

Back