• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not going to say we told you so..But basically KR wants to get rid of your schedules, take away your seniority system and cut everyones pay all the while he flies around in his Gulfstream to his house in CABO. SO i guess you have to ask your self.." DO I FEEL LUCKY"
"well do ya Flex guys" if your all ok with that continue on..If not send in your cards and let the battle for equality begin

File for single carrier with the NMB! Get this over with! Let every pilot at Onesky have a vote in our future. I find it ironic that there is a whole lot of name calling and intimidation by supporters of the 1108 pointed at the Flex pilots when the 1108 doesn't have the balls to fill the petition.

File for single carrier with the NMB! Get this over with! Let every pilot at Onesky have a vote in our future. I find it ironic that there is a whole lot of name calling and intimidation by supporters of the 1108 pointed at the Flex pilots when the 1108 doesn't have the balls to fill the petition.

Either group can file, so why don't the Flex pilots file for single carrier?
All you need to do is get together as a group.
Simple, right?

I follow these threads pretty closely and I don't see what you're talking about. The only intimidation and disunity has been from the anti union camp. The FO pilots have been pretty supportive of the flex guys who see the light.

It's their integrity showing through because if it were less, they'd file and force Flex before they're all ready. But it's obvious their desire is to help the flex guys not hurt them.

The only one who's running out of time is management. They can't move forward with their plans with red label and the bonus until they know. KR only wants to pay that bonus as a last ditch effort to save the vote if he has to. He wants to be able to blame the vote if he says no (I.e. he'd love to pay bonus but now union drive is costing him).

If the committee is smart they won't do anything until may 2nd or later anyway.

Last edited:
I follow these threads pretty closely and I don't see what you're talking about. The only intimidation and disunity has been from the anti union camp. The FO pilots have been pretty supportive of the flex guys who see the light.

It's their integrity showing through because if it were less, they'd file and force Flex before they're all ready. But it's obvious their desire is to help the flex guys not hurt them.

The only one who's running out of time is management. They can't move forward with their plans with red label and the bonus until they know. KR only wants to pay that bonus as a last ditch effort to save the vote if he has to. He wants to be able to blame the vote if he says no (I.e. he'd love to pay bonus but now union drive is costing him).

If the committee is smart they won't do anything until may 2nd or later anyway.

Prediction: He will claim "laboratory conditions", or "status quo", are preventing him from offering the bonus. This will be false, because these two terms are only applicable to the period of time during which cards have been presented to the NMB and vote occurs - so weeks of time no more. But I bet the claim will be made. We've seen it before.

Just curious, what's significant about May 2nd?

May 2nd is the day after the very last day that Kenn can pay Flexjet pilots their contractually obligated bonus they earned at the fiscal close of October 2014. The full amount up to May 1st can be interpreted as acceptable, anything less or after May 2nd is breach of contract.

Of course Uncle Kenn has already said he's not contractually obligated to pay it (despite its inclusion in the employment contract he forced all pilots to sign) and has still to date refused to give out the metrics, amounts, or anything regarding it except an express desire to not pay it. He said he just cant stomach the $4 million right now - despite it being Flexjet's most profitable year - and is averse to bonuses as a general rule. Grapevine also has it he has expressed concern over paying it as a lump sum if he pays it at all.

There was a rumor it would got out on April 1st but there was no bonus.

What kills me is the rumor there are pilots who still want to hold out for the bonus - give Kenn a chance to "make it right" -- before they decide if they will send in their union card.

It kills me for two reasons:

1.) The fact he has monkeyed around with it at all despite what pilots thought was an fairly reasonable contractual promise (in addition to the 401k and other things) should give them pause for thought about exactly what they are in store for with him as their fearless leader. He is willing to ignore the contract he wrote himself! What do they think will happen after this "protection" goes away in January 2016?

2.) The Red Label program these same pilots are all willing to scratch and claw their way over the backs of their senior list as a way of promoting themselves out of line is also has a significant bonus structure element to it. In the middle of him effing with them on bonuses, these same guys are signing up for a program based on bonuses.

This guy has given absolutely not a single indication that he is trustworthy or stable. And yet pilots are willing to gamble their careers on him because of what exactly? I'm honestly wondering what has got them so Ricci whipped. That must be some damn dazzling smile in person.

As for me - Ricci could tell me the sky was blue and I would literally have to go outside and check first.

This guy has given absolutely not a single indication that he is trustworthy or stable. And yet pilots are willing to gamble their careers on him because of what exactly? I'm honestly wondering what has got them so Ricci whipped. That must be some damn dazzling smile in person.

As for me - Ricci could tell me the sky was blue and I would literally have to go outside and check first.

Hi flex*wife, You certainly figured Uncle out. He can lie right to your face and it doesn't bother him one bit. His ego is as big as his wallet.

Latest resources

Back