• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes lucky, some people are confused and that includes you. We have a contract that is AMENDABLE. Flex starts from scratch. No way we want you to fall under our pay scale, so go back and do your homework. But then again you got that talking point straight from the lawyers.

GC we all know you are the smartest guy on Flight Info but before you start sounding like a condescending pr!ck you should re-read my post.

I said that we will start from nothing, not from our current FOM, with no guarantee of anything.

I know what AMENDABLE is. I know how a contract works. I've worked under one before. This is not my first time to go through this process, in fact it won't even be my second time.

Your jab about 'the lawyers' exhibits all the class and humility that makes the IBT famous.

Even now, you're saying you need something else to be taken away before a union card drive is started. – realityman

This single sentence sums up the anti-union sentiment.

1/3 of your 401(k) just got stolen. You didn’t really expect uncle to pay for those new uniforms out of his pocket did you?

Lucky in post #12 you stated we both start from scratch, then you claim you know how a contract works and its amendable. Those are contradictory statements. I'm sorry you feel that I took a condescending tone to your post but, I like to deal in facts not emotion. BTW I don't speak for the IBT.

Lucky in post #12 you stated we both start from scratch, then you claim you know how a contract works and its amendable. Those are contradictory statements. I'm sorry you feel that I took a condescending tone to your post but, I like to deal in facts not emotion. BTW I don't speak for the IBT.

You were not part of the 'we'.

IF the FJ pilots decide to join the IBT then I believe you are correct and your current contract would be AMENDABLE, to include FJ crews.

IF the FJ crews decide the IBT isn't in their best interest then I believe WE would start from scratch.

The emotions you try to sell to FJ crews are fear and panic. We've got plenty of that already.

Without emotion, specifically what is the integration plan and what are the fence agreements being discussed... and who is involved from the FJ side.

You don't speak got the IBT, great; don't say I speak for the f'ing lawyers, I don't.

lucky, let me try to clarify things for you again. You are not covered under our CBA! You are still at will employees. The negotiating team is working to protect the Flex pilots, prior to a maybe pilot seniority list merger. Right now your azz is hanging in the breeze, and despite all of the negative feedback from a minority of your pilots, the 1108 is trying to protect the majority of the Flex pilots. Are Flex pilots about to get hurt? Yes, but the negotiated settlement is better that a unilateral deal from Uncle Kenn.

lucky, let me try to clarify things for you again. You are not covered under our CBA! You are still at will employees. The negotiating team is working to protect the Flex pilots, prior to a maybe pilot seniority list merger. Right now your azz is hanging in the breeze, and despite all of the negative feedback from a minority of your pilots, the 1108 is trying to protect the majority of the Flex pilots. Are Flex pilots about to get hurt? Yes, but the negotiated settlement is better that a unilateral deal from Uncle Kenn.

You statement of the obvious is unnecessary. The 1108 isn't trying to protect me, they're trying to protect themselves from making an agreement that won't stand up in court. Breach of fiduciary trust is a big deal. They can't protect people that aren't members without risking being sued by their own pilots.

As to your last statement, I'm not convinced that Kenn's deal will be that much worse than the 'protection' the 1108 is trying to provide.

Last edited:

You... You... You don't.... I'm sorry, its just really hard to type when I'm laughing this hard. You don't really believe that do you?

And to Doh, 1/3 of our 401k was "stolen"? That is so ignorant and wrong its hardly worth acknowledging. Suffice to say its not true.

And to whoever started this thread.... Do you even work for FJ? With all of the misinformation, lies and fear coming form a very vocal minority of FLOPS guys it would seem right up their alley.

Well I do work for FJ and although I am no particular fan of KR, I will never vote for a union at FJ. My resume is dusted off and ready to go. Not because things are bad here at Flex, not because I'm afraid they will get bad, but because if a union ever does get voted in it will be my last day at Flex. I will not work in the adversarial atmosphere that unions create.

Unlike most of you I have no sense of entitlement. I do not expect to sit at one company my entire career while my paychecks get bigger and my responsibilities get lighter. This is a fractional not an airline.

You... You... You don't.... I'm sorry, its just really hard to type when I'm laughing this hard. You don't really believe that do you?

And to Doh, 1/3 of our 401k was "stolen"? That is so ignorant and wrong its hardly worth acknowledging. Suffice to say its not true.

And to whoever started this thread.... Do you even work for FJ? With all of the misinformation, lies and fear coming form a very vocal minority of FLOPS guys it would seem right up their alley.

Well I do work for FJ and although I am no particular fan of KR, I will never vote for a union at FJ. My resume is dusted off and ready to go. Not because things are bad here at Flex, not because I'm afraid they will get bad, but because if a union ever does get voted in it will be my last day at Flex. I will not work in the adversarial atmosphere that unions create.

Unlike most of you I have no sense of entitlement. I do not expect to sit at one company my entire career while my paychecks get bigger and my responsibilities get lighter. This is a fractional not an airline.

I was going to stay off this thread. I'm not an employee at FJ or Flops, but then I read this and nearly fell off my chair laughing!

Ths is great stuff! Biker, you should change your screen name to "Battered Wife".

Let me sum up your post for you:

"Hi, I'm just a crappy pilot who doesnt believe I have a lot of worth to my company. Hey, if they want to reduce my retirement I'm fine with that. Furthermore, the skills and experience I continue to accrue year after year don't merit any corresponding increase in pay. I'm as good now as I was the day I got my license! Really, flight instructor pay is fine because I've not learned a single thing and improved since those days. Furthermore, if any entity, such as a union, should come along and try to improve my pay, working conditions, and QOL I will be on my way to fly at some place that knows my true value, like Mesa or Great Lakes (I really hope Great Lakes still makes me pay to work there at first!). Good luck to all you losers who think your skills are worth something! Bwahahahaha!"

Did I hit all the high points?

Don't worry folks. At NJA we heard the same thing from a lot of the NJI folks at first. "If I have to join the union, I'm outta here!". Thing is, after the integration and management became more and more abusive (no, it doesn't happen overnight), these same folks (weren't they supposed to be leaving right away?) were suddenly incredibly glad they had union protections.

Happy New Year everyone!! Here's to a healthy and prosperous 2015 and beyond!

Latest resources

Back