• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Im Ready, UNION AT FLEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great job FJ guys. looking forward to working with all of you..Theres a glimmer of hope for one sky

gonna ask again what was the threat on yammer?

Well don't get too excited about this. There are plenty at Flex who are still willing to sell their soul to KR. There's still a faction that woefully supports dedicated crews and KR's dream of pilots stabbing pilots in the back.

To the pilots that sent me the message last night and the others working behind the scenes, thank you. I have seen and heard enough. Our de facto agreement with old management no longer exist. Our contract with new management is worthless according to the people that shoved it down our throats. I fell off the fence a month ago and other pilots that I have known for almost 2 decades that have not sent in cards in the past are sending them in now. All of these guys are good, well liked and respected people. They, like me have invested a lot of time, effort, blood, sweat and tears to the success of this company. Now, some corporate raider with borrowed money that views us as a cost and not assets, is telling us to like his $hit sandwich or leave. He is a lying greedy man that is deceiving and manipulating this pilot group with false promises that will not come true. Think of what we were being told 18 months ago and what we are being told now. Four months ago we were arguing about uniforms. Make no mistake, you are being lied to and your families are being stolen from with more bad stuff coming down the pike. Consider this, look at what is being done to us when the company is supposedly doing very well. Wait until the next economic downturn. Do you think our new owners will settle for a lower rate of return on their investment or will we be given paycuts with a loss of benefits like the 401k. He is going to keep taking from us until we stop him.
It is not my job to try and convince Flex pilots to send their cards in or not and I would be wasting my time if I tried. Other pilots have taken up that mantle and stuck their necks out for us. But all Flex pilots should be on the IBT message board so you can become more informed and discuss your future in a more closed protected enviroment. There are friendly people over there unlike that dirtbag FR8DOG that frequent this board.
Integration, the main concern for organizing is going to happen anyway so we better have a seat at the table. Right now, no one is looking out for us. See you on the IBT board and good luck to all of us.

To the pilots that sent me the message last night and the others working behind the scenes, thank you. I have seen and heard enough. Our de facto agreement with old management no longer exist. Our contract with new management is worthless according to the people that shoved it down our throats. I fell off the fence a month ago and other pilots that I have known for almost 2 decades that have not sent in cards in the past are sending them in now. All of these guys are good, well liked and respected people. They, like me have invested a lot of time, effort, blood, sweat and tears to the success of this company. Now, some corporate raider with borrowed money that views us as a cost and not assets, is telling us to like his $hit sandwich or leave. He is a lying greedy man that is deceiving and manipulating this pilot group with false promises that will not come true. Think of what we were being told 18 months ago and what we are being told now. Four months ago we were arguing about uniforms. Make no mistake, you are being lied to and your families are being stolen from with more bad stuff coming down the pike. Consider this, look at what is being done to us when the company is supposedly doing very well. Wait until the next economic downturn. Do you think our new owners will settle for a lower rate of return on their investment or will we be given paycuts with a loss of benefits like the 401k. He is going to keep taking from us until we stop him.
It is not my job to try and convince Flex pilots to send their cards in or not and I would be wasting my time if I tried. Other pilots have taken up that mantle and stuck their necks out for us. But all Flex pilots should be on the IBT message board so you can become more informed and discuss your future in a more closed protected enviroment. There are friendly people over there unlike that dirtbag FR8DOG that frequent this board.
Integration, the main concern for organizing is going to happen anyway so we better have a seat at the table. Right now, no one is looking out for us. See you on the IBT board and good luck to all of us.

excellent post and just to remind everyone, the address is www.forum .ibt1108.org

"Status quo" for Flexjet pilots

Once "status quo " takes effect, DAC management can't mess with your pay or benefits anymore. This is a just and sensible law, that keeps management from being able to punish an employee group for exercising their legal right to organize.

But I can't remember, does status quo take effect as soon as a representation vote is announced, or is it when the results are tallied and the result is in favor of representation? Can someone help me out on this?

Either way, the more quickly you Flex crews can get to that point, the less time Kenn and his minions have to erode your pay, benefits, and quality of life.

Does status quo apply if there is already a CBA in effect? If the pilots join the 1108 and the Flight Options 1108 call for a single carrier determination before that happens, then don't we have to vote a) Union out b)1108 for all or c)Some other union in? If we vote 1108 for all, they already have a CBA in effect. Are we not bound by it until a new one is negotiated? Where is there info to determine this?

Does status quo apply if there is already a CBA in effect? If the pilots join the 1108 and the Flight Options 1108 call for a single carrier determination before that happens, then don't we have to vote a) Union out b)1108 for all or c)Some other union in? If we vote 1108 for all, they already have a CBA in effect. Are we not bound by it until a new one is negotiated? Where is there info to determine this?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is no scenario whereby Flexjet pilots would have to work under the OPS CBA. If there is a finding of common carrier status, and LXJ does vote to be represented by the 1108, we would be represented by the same local of the same union, under status quo conditions until a CBA is voted upon and passed.

That CBA would have to be acceptable to LXJ pilots because LXJ is the larger group.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is no scenario whereby Flexjet pilots would have to work under the OPS CBA. If there is a finding of common carrier status, and LXJ does vote to be represented by the 1108, we would be represented by the same local of the same union, under status quo conditions until a CBA is voted upon and passed.

That CBA would have to be acceptable to LXJ pilots because LXJ is the larger group.

That is mostly correct. If DAC can show a "legitimate business need" to change our rules, I believe they may make changes. However, simply wanting to increase profits is not a legitimate business need. Think financial need to save the company. Since we had our best year according to management, that will be difficult to show.

Latest resources

Back