Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If the tables were turned UPS/ASTAR(DHL Airways INC)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So. Tell me what's anti-competitive? ABX ran the sorting of DHL volume, now UPS will run the sorting of DHL volume. DHL will still pick up and deliver under their own brand. Sounds like you are grasping at straws.

BTB,

When ABX took over the sort of DHL freight, they were not a competitor. DHL is de-facto selling their entire US operation to UPS. You can say that's not what's going on, but everyone knows that it will simply be a matter of time before UPS is flying all of their competitors freight, and once the ABX/AStar infrastructure is gone, UPS will 100% have DHL over a barrel to do whatever they want to do with them. The hand writing is clear that this is a back door way to UPS DHL's US, (at least for now) business, eliminating now, not only DHL, but since they bought Airborne Express and ruined it as well, all freight options except UPS and FedEX.....THAT is anti-competitive. Whether it will hold up in court, we'll just have to see. Also, surely BTB your not buying the whole "code sharing" jargon are you? Sharing kind of implies....well...sharing. Clearly not what's going on here.

That's alright. DHL/DPWN has once again decided not to honor a number of contractual obligations because they are above the law. As for ALPA, we already won in the 9th Circuit on Scope, sooo DHL, we'll see ya back in the 2nd real soon!!!

BTB,

When ABX took over the sort of DHL freight, they were not a competitor. DHL is de-facto selling their entire US operation to UPS. You can say that's not what's going on, but everyone knows that it will simply be a matter of time before UPS is flying all of their competitors freight, and once the ABX/AStar infrastructure is gone, UPS will 100% have DHL over a barrel to do whatever they want to do with them. The hand writing is clear that this is a back door way to UPS DHL's US, (at least for now) business, eliminating now, not only DHL, but since they bought Airborne Express and ruined it as well, all freight options except UPS and FedEX.....THAT is anti-competitive. Whether it will hold up in court, we'll just have to see. Also, surely BTB your not buying the whole "code sharing" jargon are you? Sharing kind of implies....well...sharing. Clearly not what's going on here.

That's alright. DHL/DPWN has once again decided not to honor a number of contractual obligations because they are above the law. As for ALPA, we already won in the 9th Circuit on Scope, sooo DHL, we'll see ya back in the 2nd real soon!!!

You are right and I still stand behind my anti-competitive stance. I remember all too well the companies that were close to shutting their doors when UPS went out on strike. It was companies like DHL, Airborne Express and FedEx that got the parts and supplies to the businesses that allowed them to build what they build and stock the shelves with what they needed. Now that DHL has bought Airborne and now wants to send that into the UPS sort, is what I see as anti-competitive practices.

I know how the businesses were scorn, but this time there will be no packages. If a strike would continue as long as it did last time, many of those businesses would have to close their doors. Bills pile up and production stops. It is not good for the consumer. If the companies of ABX/Astar and their unions were to take out an ad in national business sections and remind these small businesses of what happened last time, to call/write the DOJ to protect their interests and business needs in a competitive shipping field I think they would win over UPS.

Flame away BTTB, I now expect no less from such a class individual such as yourself. To quote President Bush, "You're doing a heck of a job Brownie". All the while a city is crumbing and dying in the background. Way to stick it to your fellow aviators. You are the salt of which I have spoke.

Last edited:
The reason why mr. bone and mr. belly are trying to justify why our jobs are going away is because they know if they do not get the DHL deal they will either go back to the panel or out on the street fairly soon.
Ok. since you're decided to hit below the belt let me tell you one thing. BBB and BTB are not going to to the panel nor on the street. However your ass was going to end up there some times this yr or next, actually i'm suprised that it took that long. Everyone at ups are very symothetic to your cause and you had to take a cheap shot at 2 of our guys because you're blaming your companies incometence and unreliability on them. Sir you're out of line and no one is wishing a job loss on anyone else and to say that these guys are making a case to justify there job you need to of the drugs.

Ok. since you're decided to hit below the belt let me tell you one thing. BBB and BTB are not going to to the panel nor on the street. However your ass was going to end up there some times this yr or next, actually i'm suprised that it took that long. Everyone at ups are very symothetic to your cause and you had to take a cheap shot at 2 of our guys because you're blaming your companies incometence and unreliability on them. Sir you're out of line and no one is wishing a job loss on anyone else and to say that these guys are making a case to justify there job you need to of the drugs.
I should say, STAY OF THE DRUGS>

By the way....just in case anyone thinks this is a smoothe no problem deal....

I learned last night that DPWN tried to bribe the State of Ohio with $400 Million dollars if they would just "go away" on the issue. Uhh, they declined. Now, if DPWN was sooo confident that this should have no problem happening without multiple lawsuits and anti-trust issues, wonder why they were willing to stroke a $400 Mill dollar check for the State of Ohio to go away.

I heard this from an attorney and if true, it'll sure be great for that little tidbit to show up in a courtroom hearing.

...Just sayin'

flyinboxes must have a reading problem

If you'd read my post you'd know 1224 is considering life after DHL. No pay cuts for any DHL work, period. If you guys thought you'd have a chance of survival after DHL is gone you'd be doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back