Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If the tables were turned UPS/ASTAR(DHL Airways INC)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way....just in case anyone thinks this is a smoothe no problem deal....

I learned last night that DPWN tried to bribe the State of Ohio with $400 Million dollars if they would just "go away" on the issue. Uhh, they declined. Now, if DPWN was sooo confident that this should have no problem happening without multiple lawsuits and anti-trust issues, wonder why they were willing to stroke a $400 Mill dollar check for the State of Ohio to go away.

I heard this from an attorney and if true, it'll sure be great for that little tidbit to show up in a courtroom hearing.

...Just sayin'

So, how many fuel efficient 737-300s and 767s could DHL buy for Astar for $400 million?

So, how many fuel efficient 737-300s and 767s could DHL buy for Astar for $400 million?

Not many BTB. Now just so ya know, while the Gov. of Ohio might not take a bribe to go away, I on the other hand would have no problem taking $400 Mill split 500 ways at AStar to go silently into the night! I could definitley be bought....dude....I AM a pilot for cryin out loud!!

My advice to the couple of UPS pr!cks hanging around on this thread...

Just wait until the UPS/DHL agreement is reached, and then read it thoroughly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few details emerge that you won't be bragging about.

You just can't get this kind of entertainment on APC. That is why the brown guys come here, to have some fun........, now if we could just get purple in on this.........

No UPS pilot that I know is gloating over this.

But, it's counter-productive to fight it. If I were at Astar or ABX, I would be getting the logbooks dusted off for interviews. Why waste time fighting this?

ALPO ain't gonna stop this deal.

No UPS pilot that I know is gloating over this.

But, it's counter-productive to fight it. If I were at Astar or ABX, I would be getting the logbooks dusted off for interviews. Why waste time fighting this?

ALPO ain't gonna stop this deal.

According to today's edition of the Wilmington News Journal, Astar is "prepared to present a proposal to DHL that would be competitive with the proposed UPS arrangement." Since DHL stated that one of the reasons for doing the deal with UPS what that DHL's costs in the US were too high and that doing the deal with UPS would lower DHL's cost, one must conclude that this new proposal by Astar must be concessionary.
Do any of you Astar guys have details on what it might be?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back