If everyone hates their airline why not quit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beechnut said:
No kidding. Big words from the kid on the outside looking in. My sched next month ends with 2 off, 4 on, 2 off, 4 on, 2 off, 4 on. Getting to and from work happens on my day off. That means I don't get a complete day off for the last 2/3rds of JAN.

Don't open your crack until you know what you're talking about.

S.

Boo Friggin Hoo. I suppose your company is forcing you to commute. You make your choices so if your not happy with it go complain to someone who gives a rats a$$.

OI812 said:
let me tell ya what a tough schedule is: when i was in Haiti for 1 1/2 months my schedule was 5hr on 5hrs off then 4 on 4 off then 3 on 3 off, then start over 5 on 5 off, 4 on 4 off 3 on 3 off everyday for 45 days you know nothing of hard schedule

that was just the first 45 days i was there 6 months through x mas but i did get a 2 hour dinner that day

What airline was that for?

S.

DetoXJ said:
Boo Friggin Hoo. I suppose your company is forcing you to commute. You make your choices so if your not happy with it go complain to someone who gives a rats a$$.

first off u choose to commute i doubt anyone is forced. i will bet everything i have that your company never said you cant move to your city domicile. so dont tell me they force you to commute

and second i was just giving an example of a tough schedule. what you have is nothing

OI812 said:
let me tell ya what a tough schedule is: when i was in Haiti for 1 1/2 months my schedule was 5hr on 5hrs off then 4 on 4 off then 3 on 3 off, then start over 5 on 5 off, 4 on 4 off 3 on 3 off everyday for 45 days you know nothing of hard schedule

that was just the first 45 days i was there 6 months through x mas but i did get a 2 hour dinner that day

...and what does that have to do with the schedule that should be expected at an airline job? Are you saying that all companies that give their employees crappy schedules should be acceptable as long as it is better than you had it in the Army?

This job is just like every other job on the planet. You get out of it what you're willing to get out of it. If you have a good attitude and you're willing to conceed that for at least 4 days a week you're at the mercy of the scheduling department then you'll be fine. If you're getting into this career because you love flying, just remember that attitude and don't ever let it leave you. If you find a flying job that isn't providing you the lifestyle you're looking for, go find another flying job that is more conducive to your schedule. Beechnut is upset because he's at AWAC and he's been forced to commute because all our domiciles closed in the last couple months. It really sucks for him and guys like him, but in the end that's what the company needs to do to survive and if it becomes unbearable, I wish him and everyone else the best of luck finding a job that they will be happy in and feel more appreciated. Keep in mind also that the loudest b!tchers are the ones who post stuff on here. The majority of pilots at AWAC and most other companies (I would guess) don't even bother coming to websites like this one. I think less than half the pilots at AWAC even use the AWAC pilots wesite. So keep that in mind when you're having second thoughts about this career based on this website. It's a very biased group you are listening to. I like to provide the opposite perspective when I can, and I know I'm in the minority, here at least.

DirkkDiggler said:
This job is just like every other job on the planet. You get out of it what you're willing to get out of it. If you have a good attitude and you're willing to conceed that for at least 4 days a week you're at the mercy of the scheduling department then you'll be fine. If you're getting into this career because you love flying, just remember that attitude and don't ever let it leave you. If you find a flying job that isn't providing you the lifestyle you're looking for, go find another flying job that is more conducive to your schedule. Beechnut is upset because he's at AWAC and he's been forced to commute because all our domiciles closed in the last couple months. It really sucks for him and guys like him, but in the end that's what the company needs to do to survive and if it becomes unbearable, I wish him and everyone else the best of luck finding a job that they will be happy in and feel more appreciated. Keep in mind also that the loudest b!tchers are the ones who post stuff on here. The majority of pilots at AWAC and most other companies (I would guess) don't even bother coming to websites like this one. I think less than half the pilots at AWAC even use the AWAC pilots wesite. So keep that in mind when you're having second thoughts about this career based on this website. It's a very biased group you are listening to. I like to provide the opposite perspective when I can, and I know I'm in the minority, here at least.

Thank you

OI812 said:
Wasnt an airline i was in the Army

What the F* do I care what you did in the Army? If we're going to compare apples to oranges, let me tell you about my first 9 months in the womb without even a G**Damn I-pod.

You sound like one of those guys that will take it in the A** for the company because you'll think "we'll jeez, at least I'm not getting shot at."

You have not spent ONE DAY on the line at an airline yet. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

S.

Beechnut said:
What the F* do I care what you did in the Army? If we're going to compare apples to oranges, let me tell you about my first 9 months in the womb without even a G**dang I-pod.

You sound like one of those guys that will take it in the A** for the company because you'll think "we'll jeez, at least I'm not getting shot at."

You have not spent ONE DAY on the line at an airline yet. You have NO idea what you are talking about.

S.

Nice post, I think that pretty much covers it.

Latest resources

Back