IBT agrees to allow vote for NJASAP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Second, Motion to carry?

It's called Date of Hire integration for a reason. What you're talking about is Super Seniority, and I don't think it's gonna go over too well with the folks on this side of the fence.

B19,

You are disrespectful and ignorant of the situation at NJA.

Trust me. NJW is better qualified to speak about the situation, relationships, and policies in the fractional industry, NJA in particular, than you.

Come to think of it, my 4 year old is better qualified than you.

She isn't qualifed to empty my trash can, much less give advice to qualifed NJA pilots about union stewards and the grievance process for which she has never particpated.

If you choose to accept her advice, you're entitled to it, but the average fuel truck operator has more aviation experience than she does.

Your four year old belong to a union? No?

Need I say more about qualifications? Smart kid.

It's called Date of Hire integration for a reason. What you're talking about is Super Seniority, and I don't think it's gonna go over too well with the folks on this side of the fence.

What I'm talking about is fairness. The pilots hired before November of 2005 joined the company without any inkling of a union on the property. They were promised upgrade to G-IV Captain on schedule and were told unequivocally NJI would remain a non-union shop. That is obviously going to change but they should still get to upgrade on schedule. So, we have two choices. Delay the integration until after every one of them has reached the left seat of the IV (about another 18-24 months or so), or offer proportional upgrades and integrate soon. Personally, I'd rather go with the latter but we can wait, too.

B19, You are disrespectful and ignorant of the situation at NJA.

Trust me. NJW is better qualified to speak about the situation, relationships, and policies in the fractional industry, NJA in particular, than you.

Come to think of it, my 4 year old is better qualified than you. High-fives for your cute little guppy...:)

You nailed it, Fisch! It's self-explanatory what fudspinners are qualified for and it is definitely not commenting on the way that the NJ Pilots Association does business. I laughed reading about your 4 yr old, but hey, it's true. Family members of volunteers and leaders have a front row seat that gives them a lot of insight into how the Association is run. I know our kids have a good understanding of what is taking place and that even a toddler can grasp that pilots are helping pilots and (overall) everyone at NetJets is getting along nicely now. So, come to think of it, your 2 year old son is also better qualified than a reality-warper who refuses to acknowledge the truth.

What I'm talking about is fairness. The pilots hired before November of 2005 joined the company without any inkling of a union on the property. They were promised upgrade to G-IV Captain on schedule and were told unequivocally NJI would remain a non-union shop. That is obviously going to change but they should still get to upgrade on schedule. So, we have two choices. Delay the integration until after every one of them has reached the left seat of the IV (about another 18-24 months or so), or offer proportional upgrades and integrate soon. Personally, I'd rather go with the latter but we can wait, too.
There is no such thing as an "upgrade schedule." Ask anyone hired at NJA from mid-2005 on what their "upgrade schedule" was when they got hired, and what it's looking like today. According to the VSL, your most junior GIV captain was hired 6/19/05. So it looks like your guys are on just about the right "upgrade schedule" for the 400xp once we're integrated.

How about we delay the integration until 2011? That way, even some of the guys hired since Nov 2005 will upgrade too. And the LOA will protect their seat. Sound good?

Latest resources

Back