• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBT agrees to allow vote for NJASAP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will I may not know as much as you do. I just work there (NJI). But I think it is pretty safe to say no one wanted to be part of a truckers/rampers union.

...or a union which would sell it's union brothers and sisters down the river as they did with Gojet Airlines. The IBT was all too happy to step in and organize them when it was obvious to all that Gojet was formed to do an end-run around the Trans States pilot's CBA. Absolutely dispicable is the IBT. F-them and best of luck to the NetJets pilots.

AJ, your support is appreciated...:) Your opinion (solidly backed up with an example) illustrates why the NJ pilots want to stand alone on their own good record. It's frustrating and difficult to be part of an organization whose reputation is tarnished and whose attention is too often divided among competing interests.

In the marketplace companies must respond to their customers' feedback or lose their business. It's my hope that watching the NJ pilots vote with their feet will compel the IBT to do a better job representing their other pilotgroups, especially our friends/neighbors from FltOps.

Thanks, Rez! I'll be happy to pass along your greetings....:p NJW

......I, too, just felt that it was a safe thing to say based on my conversations here with NJI pilots that have told me an in-house union is more appealing than the Teamsters.

.... Actually, I was being considerate of the opinions of the NJI pilots that are likely to be merged with NJASAP.

Saying an 'in-house union is more appealing than the Teamsters' to the NJI pilots is like saying dying of a heart attack is more appealing than dying of cancer. Please respect our right of self-determination and concentrate on your own issues!

Not need to be so dramatic, Yankee...:rolleyes: nor insulting. Some of your fellow pilots have had a better attitude, thankfully. I think they realize that it's prudent to adapt if you can't change the situation. At times like these an open mind and a positive outlook makes things much easier for all involved.

"Crawdaddy, the IBT must surely realize that they've already lost the NJ pilots with over 82% sending in cards stating that they want to be represented by NJASAP"

njw, you should know better than to post a statement like this and twisting the words to meet an agenda. by sending in a card the netjets pilots were not saying that they wanted to be represented by njasap. the sending in of the card was only to signify that the pilot wanted a choice in who would represent them.

WC, the process you're describing applies to choosing representation when a group first organizes. This situation is different. I posted only factual information, but you don't have to take my word for it...:rolleyes: Read it for yourself; it specifically says: " This card is to serve as notification to the National Mediation Board that I am a NetJets pilot, and I desire to be represented by the NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots (NJASAP) for the purpose of Collective Bargaining." http://njasap.com/library/auth_card.pdf

Who's blowing smoke, Windy? (pun intended) You should know better than to post a statement like this accusing me of twisting words to meet an agenda...:mad: I have too much integrity for that, nor is it even necessary. :rolleyes: What agenda?! The NJA pilots have already spoken loud and clear by sending in their cards and they will do it again in an official referendum per their agreement with the IBT.

Personally, I think the cards were enough and certainly would have expedited matters. However, it must be noted that it is financially in the Teamsters' interest to take more time. Now that seems more like an agenda related to this process. After all, the authorization cards were mailed in by the NJ pilots in an undeniably overwhelming show of support for NJASAP. I share the majority opinion that they're ready to solo. NJW

Saying an 'in-house union is more appealing than the Teamsters' to the NJI pilots is like saying dying of a heart attack is more appealing than dying of cancer. Please respect our right of self-determination and concentrate on your own issues!

Yankee, get used to it amigo. Integration is now inevitable and the fact the truckers will be out of the picture does make it far more platable to most. Better we convince our management to allow creation of a committee to represent our group in negotiations of the final integration agreement.

Latest resources

Back