Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I wonder how long this one will take to "disappear".....SWA bashing! YEAH BABY!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
3. MY POINT IS: If SWA fares were up WHERE THEY SHOULD BE, I would not have this problem.

Evidentially you have never heard of the Deregulation Act of 1978. It says, "The main purpose of the act was to remove government control from commercial aviation and expose the passenger airline industry to market forces." The market force it's refering to is called capitalism. If SWA can offer a flight for less, then the other carriers need to follow suit, or join the likes of Braniff, Eastern and TWA. I think you would be better suited to bash America West/USAirways, Delta, Alaska, Ted, and American for not lowering their fares to something more reasonable, especially when SWA can prove that it can justify what it charges and still make a profit. I haven't seen the other carriers posting a profit even with their higher fares.

MY POINT IS: If SWA fares were up WHERE THEY SHOULD BE, I would not have this problem.

Mega... and I mean this seriously...

SWA has raised fares numerous times this last year, including this week. When the fares were at their lowest we made money. Now they are higher and we continue to make money.

I can understand how some criticize airlines who lower their ticket prices when they are bleeding money like crazy and in bankruptcy, but if you are making money with low fares, why should they be higher? Shouldn't other airlines figure out how to be efficient enough to do the same?

That said I sympathize with your problem and understand it completely, I just think the problem is with the unreasonable ticket prices of other carriers, not the low prices of a money making SWA.

All I have to say is.. "wow",

and 5 pages?

:confused:

Can we please quit digressing and get back to talking about beer!

BEAT ARMY!

First off she did not even apply at SWA. Next, do you really think she regrets being hired at UPS? Lastly, i agree with the silk stockings comment.

Mega in stockings ? No I've flown with her, and no thanks.
But I agree with you Mega, (yes agree !)...I wish fares could be higher too !

No, you don't get to keep the cash!

that job sucks, you don't get to keep the cash!

So, let me get this right, your complaining that another companies fares are to low and that all the planes are to full and your company doesn't pay you enough to fly from your home to your place of business but you don't want to jumpseat?

It really is all about you, isn't it?

So, let me get this right, your complaining that another companies fares are to low and that all the planes are to full and your company doesn't pay you enough to fly from your home to your place of business but you don't want to jumpseat?

It really is all about you, isn't it?

Well of course it is! :rolleyes:

Sorry to break this to you but you haven't gotten it right. I never said anything about any flights being full. The company doesn't "pay me" to fly from home. I don't mind jumpseating but I don't want to ruffle any feathers by doing so since the company does buy you a ticket. Why don't you read the thread first?

Sounds to me to be more of a contractual problem. UPS is minting money and the best you could get in negotiations is that POS for "airlining" out of your base. Next time negotiate better, and don't blame SWA, blame your Union if they didn't get a better stipend in the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back