Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I wish to issue a public apology for the uncalled-for joke I made last Monday.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYCPilot said:
Those figures may be correct, but the system of incarceration is a little biased. You see, while there may be a disproportionate amount of blacks in prison, this in and of itself can not be objectively indicative of blacks committing more crime.

Crime is dependent upon the availability of opportunity for a particular crime. The issue here is what crimes are available to the different segments of a population. People from all races commit crimes and it isn’t realistic to generalize solely on color. It can be argued that white people commit almost as many crimes as any other race, it just takes place in different settings. For instance, white collar crime is not a heavily policed area. Street crime, on the other hand, is more heavily policed and more easily prosecuted. White collar crimes tend to be invisible and more likely to go unnoticed. The repercussions of white collar crimes can sometimes induce harm on many more people than a single incident of street crime.............

Thanks for the disertation on socialeconomic crime NYCPilot. I disagree with the "opportunity" part though. Crime is a matter of personal choice in my opinion. The prison system is full of people who chose to commit a crime. Lots of people have opportunity to commit a crime but donot. Can you explain this?

dseagrav said:
Jesus christ. I leave for a week and my apology turned into a big racial pissing match slash flame thread. When I was brought up I was taught that if you made someone mad or screwed up someone by an error on your part you apologised afterward, and so I did. I guess that wasn't the right thing to do either. Just forget I posted either message, OK? I guess the right answer is to avoid the subject entirely. (I can't delete threads I started... Would some moderator please delete this?)
Appology Accepted.

That was a tasteless and dumb joke but you made an apology and so be it.

On the other hand, its very offensive to the people who suffered due to the racism in american history. A joke like that can be funny to some and very disturbing to others.

But i do have to give you credit for speaking up and apologizing. If you ever want to check out a slavery museum in DC and i will guarantee you that you will be coming out with tears in your eyes...its a very sad and ignorant part of our history.

cheers

Bryan D -

You’re correct in stating that it is a free choice to commit a crime and this holds true for anyone who has done something wrong. My point was to debunk the myth that only blacks commit crimes because of their disproportionate number in the prison system. We are dealing within the scope of those who commit crimes, not those who never carried it out. There are some people who are presented the opportunity to commit a crime and don’t. It is the ones that do that is at issue here.

In terms of opportunity, certain crimes are only accessible to those who are in a position to exploit it. It is what is available, within your abilities that you believe you can get away with. Depending upon your life circumstances and where they have place you in society, will determine what range of crimes you may commit.

A crime hasn’t been committed unless it is acted upon. By the way, there was a movie that dealt with this issue. Preconceived crime. It was called “Minority Report” and starred Tom Cruise.

NYCPilot said:
A crime hasn’t been committed unless it is acted upon. By the way, there was a movie that dealt with this issue. Preconceived crime. It was called “Minority Report” and starred Tom Cruise.
Obviously you have never heard of "constructive possession" or criminal negligence. Neither of those crimes require intent.

In this follow up post I would like to address all the people who called it tasteless, and got offended by the joke. Are you guys the same people who go to a comedy club, cross your arms and refuse to find anything funny. Chris Rock, Chris Tucker and other black comics made millions telling jokes like these. Chris Rock's funny answer to blacks shooting blacks is to make the bullets too costly for the average black guy to afford. " I am going to get a second job, save up and shoot you," says Rock. To quote Larry the Cable Guy, " That's funny I don't care who you are."

Life is too short to get offended by jokes. This board has become so PC if you make a joke you might offend someone. Truth is I offend people everyday. I am certain I offended someone with this response. The moderators should not ask someone if they would say the same things on the job as they would say here. If this was the case people couldn't be themselves and have a good time on the board. My opinion is this, if you are easily offended go to another board. Don't try to censor our fun because you can't handle it. If you run across something that offends you, don't reply. Show your discontent by not reading it. Your feelings are no better than mine just because you get offended easily.

I'm aware of "constructive possession" and "conspiracy to commit," but don't be distracted by a red herring.

Flywithmike said:
I would love you to bring your bat over to my house so I can shove it up your a$$ sideways, but you may enjoy that too much!

See Simon, I think that was funny and I don't take your comment too serious. I'm just saying that a racist comment like he originally posted was classless no matter how high a horse you think I'm on. Sounds like your a little uptight.

I have to go get in touch with reality now.

It is a saying you tool......Haven't you ever heard the saying "don't throw rocks from a glass house" LOL....and you thought I wanted to bring my baseball bat over to your real glass house. HAHAHAHA.....and you wanted to molest me with your Louisville Slugger.

Simon Says said:
It is a saying you tool......Haven't you ever heard the saying "don't throw rocks from a glass house" LOL....and you thought I wanted to bring my baseball bat over to your real glass house. HAHAHAHA.....and you wanted to molest me with your Louisville Slugger.

HA! I know the saying and the reply was a joke. I have no hard feelings Simon and I didn't want to molest you with a "real wooden bat" that could leave splinters!

For the record, I think the original poster has had enough abuse and I can accept his apology now.

Latest resources

Back