• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hypocrisy at its finest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I like your name, though. It's like a cross between "numnutz" and "dimwits"."-08/08/2005

More fuel for the fire. Keep em coming Cry...I mean Ty

Now that's a thought out post! I've said things to try and rile you up in the past, but with all honesty, that was well said.

Thanks, Capt. Overs. Glad to know someone appreciates it. Especially someone who snagged one of the best screen names . . . . D'Oh!

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Especially someone who snagged one of the best screen names . . . . D'Oh!

Yeah unfortunately "Cry Webb" had already been taken since I understand you did cry and whine about that screen name lol

Big Beer Belly said:
"Winners right now"? I guess I'm not following you. If you mean the 50% decline in quarterly profits last quarter versus last year ... a whopping $11 million ... is that what you are referring to? If fuel increases a nickel a gallon Airtran's barely visible profit disappears. With global oil consumption on the rise (NOT decline!) and US oil refining capacity running at 98.7% ... nearly all oil industry experts are predicting higher prices. Is that what you are touting as being a winner?

Surely you don't equate hiring with being a "winner", do you? Are Airtran pilots "winners" because such a large number of SCABS are employed there? I mean just what exactly is it that makes you feel like you are on a winning team? Surely the lack of progress in your contract talks can't be giving you that "winning" feeling. Wages and schedules at Airtran are not anywhere near industry leading ... so I fail to see where the "winning" connection is made there? In order to "win", you have to be better, not just "participate" in the same industry.

Are you getting paid to fly airplanes? Yes. But Airtran's pay is based on the smallest aircraft that qualifies for the majors. Definitely not a "winner" in the major earnings bracket. Furthermore, by all early indications, Airtran management does not appear likely to reward you with pay increases as would be expected for a "winning" team. International flying? Oops ... not a "winner" there ... unless you consider a few destinations south as the sum total of your "international" network.

Not too long ago, a single airplane crash nearly resulted in this company's liquidation. Though not the fault of anyone directly employed by the company, this event was so devastating to the precarious financial standing of the company that a name change was considered crucial to its survival (thus Valujet became Airtran). IMHO, this is illustrative for its financial implications and the very heavy debt load Airtran carries. By any measure, Airtran is heavily leveraged and dependent on an uninterrupted stream of income for its very survival.

AirTran Airways Reports All-Time Record Traffic in July

ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, asubsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today reported its Julyrevenue passenger miles (RPMs), available seat miles (ASMs), load factor andpassengers enplaned all represent all-time company records for any month inits' history. AirTran Airways' traffic, measured by revenue passenger miles (RPMs), grewby 39.4 percent, to nearly 1.1 billion RPMs, on an increase of 32.6 percent incapacity, based on available seat miles (ASMs). July's load factor increasedto 80.8 percent, compared to 76.9 percent in July 2004. The airline enplanedmore than 1.6 million passengers in the month of July, a 29.9 percent increasefrom July 2004. "We are extremely pleased with our record breakingperformance in July and want to thank our Crew Members for their hard work ata particularly busy time," said AirTran Airways' president and chief operatingofficer Robert L. Fornaro. "The strength in passenger demand for AirTranAirways service, particularly in light of record growth in capacity, isfurther testament to our product and service which continues the strongtraffic trends we've seen since May of this year." AirTran Airways July 2005 Traffic (Preliminary) July 2005 July 2004 Change Revenue Passenger Miles (000) 1,095,631 785,755 39.4% Available Seat Miles (000) 1,355,969 1,022,282 32.6% Load Factor 80.8% 76.9% 3.9 points Passengers Enplaned 1,623,522 1,249,412 29.9% Y-T-D 2005 Y-T-D 2004 Change Revenue Passenger Miles (000) 6,454,924 4,879,337 32.3% Available Seat Miles (000) 8,674,750 6,705,936 29.4% Load Factor 74.4% 72.8% 1.6 points Passengers Enplaned 9,477,014 7,654,306 23.8% AirTran Airways, one of America's largest low-fare airlines with 6,400friendly, professional Crew Members, operates over 500 daily flights to 47destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta InternationalAirport, where it is the second largest carrier. AirTran Airways recentlyadded the fuel-efficient Boeing 737-700 aircraft to create America's youngestall-Boeing fleet. The airline is also the first carrier to install XMSatellite Radio on a commercial aircraft. For reservations or moreinformation, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran). Editor's note: Statements regarding the Company's operational andfinancial success, business model, expectation about future success, improvedoperational performance and our ability to maintain or improve our low costsare forward-looking statements and are not historical facts. Instead, they areestimates or projections involving numerous risks or uncertainties, includingbut not limited to, consumer demand and acceptance of services offered by theCompany, the Company's ability to maintain current cost levels, fare levelsand actions by competitors, regulatory matters and general economicconditions. Additional information concerning factors that could cause actualresults to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements iscontained from time to time in the Company's SEC filings, including but notlimited to the Company's annual report on Form 10-K for the year endedDecember 31, 2004. The Company disclaims any obligation or duty to update orcorrect any of its forward-looking statements. Media Contacts: Tad Hutcheson [email protected] 678.254.7442 Judy Graham-Weaver [email protected] 678.254.7448SOURCE AirTran Airways While some may argue Airtran is a decent place to work, I fail to see where it hits a home run to become the "winning" ball club. Perhaps someone at Airtran can share with the rest of us why some feel this is the "winning" place to be.

BBB

Dude, I hate to piss in your wheaties but do a little homework before putting foot-in-mouth. Everyone's profits (or in your case, losses) are tied to fuel prices.

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Thanks, Capt. Overs. Glad to know someone appreciates it. Especially someone who snagged one of the best screen names . . . . D'Oh!

Hey I tried to be Capatain Over, but someone already had that name. I don't think I've ever seen them post. Thanks, actually Ty Webb was my second choice.

Ty Webb is nothing more than a two bit player wannbe Legacy pilot.....

Too bad Midwest turned you down Ty, pretty smart People Department at Midwest.

fletch717 said:
I know Ty , probably better now since he's been swinging in the crew room in slacks so tight you can tell what religion he is. Anyway most of the time I see him we have a good laugh about this board. He's not an egomaniac, he's very laid back. We were both lucky to arrive at a place where the upgrade time has never been more than 3 years due to our growth. Even though we are going through contract negotiations this is still a goood place to work. I'm sure Ty would agree that we are fortunate to be paid a decent wage to do something we love to do. AirTran may not be the best Place to work, but it is better than the place I was at before and the place before that. We are winners right now just like southwest and JetBlue. The fortunes of business can change in an instant, but right now I'm on a winning team and it feels good. That's why most, if not all the AT guys on this board are upbeat.

There is a huge difference in being upbeat and a chest beat. I have a couple of AAI guys that I have put the word out on around our system to make sure they don't ride. How about giving us Ty's name so I don't have to deny all AAI pilots, just him and GT.

32LT10 said:
There is a huge difference in being upbeat and a chest beat. I have a couple of AAI guys that I have put the word out on around our system to make sure they don't ride. How about giving us Ty's name so I don't have to deny all AAI pilots, just him and GT.
That's a bold statement little man!

Latest resources

Back