• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hudson Ditching Left Engine Running at 35%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I know is that I'm extremely appreciative of the fact that some on here weren't at the controls of the aircraft on that day.

It seems as though some at the front of this post aren't making the corellation between %N1 and thrust.........just how much thrust do you believe that thing puts out at 35% N1?????? It isn't 35% of the thrust- or have some forgotten that..............

If the autoflight system was disengaged and the nose lowered and the airplane was at its 210 target speed the autothrust system would have commanded idle thrust.

I am interested to see if the autothrust system was ever disengaged and the thrust lever moved forward.

The investigation also shows that the final re-start occurred at 500 ft and 200kias. Unless APU bleed was selected on this would not be successful.

Reading the record of the ECAM would be eye-opening. What messages did the crew see that lead them to believe they had a complete double flame-out, and what messages came up during the restart attempts?

All I know is that I'm extremely appreciative of the fact that some on here weren't at the controls of the aircraft on that day.

It seems as though some at the front of this post aren't making the corellation between %N1 and thrust.........just how much thrust do you believe that thing puts out at 35% N1?????? It isn't 35% of the thrust- or have some forgotten that..............

What is N1? I don't get it?

If Sully tried to put it on 11 at EWR and crashed and possibly killed more people on the Turnpike etc... The same people would be saying.... "They should have put it in the river"

Everyone lived they made the right choice.

It comes down to this Folks....

The following are to be commended for doing exactly that which they have been trained to do. They executed their procedures, perhaps flawlessly, and saved 155 lives as well as their own.

God Willing, the same should happen to you in a similar situation. But there," For the Grace of God" go We.

Captain Chesley B. Sullenberger, III, age 58, joined US Airways (PSA Airlines) in 1980. He has a total of 19,663 flight hours.

First officer Jeffrey B. Skiles, age 49, joined US Airways (USAir) in 1986. He has a total of 15,643 flight hours.

Flight Attendant Sheila Dail, age 57, joined US Airways (Piedmont Airlines) in 1980 and has more than 28 years experience with the airline.

Flight Attendant Doreen Welsh, age 58, joined US Airways (Allegheny Airlines) in 1970 and has more than 38 years experience with the airline.

Flight Attendant Donna Dent, age 51, was hired by US Airways (Piedmont Airlines) in 1982 and has more than 26 years with the airline.

Consummate Professionals...ALL.

Have some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Ask God to allow you to never have to walk in their shoes.

Lest YOU be judged...Or worse yet, do not Survive.

Everybody came HOME.

"Monday Morning" this all you want.

Everybody came Home.

AMEN.

( Next Subject... )

YKMKR

Last edited:
It comes down to this Folks....

The following are to be commended for doing exactly that which they have been trained to do. They executed their procedures, perhaps flawlessly, and saved 155 lives as well as their own.

God Willing, the same should happen to you in a similar situation. But there," For the Grace of God" go We.

Captain Chesley B. Sullenberger, III, age 58, joined US Airways (PSA Airlines) in 1980. He has a total of 19,663 flight hours.

First officer Jeffrey B. Skiles, age 49, joined US Airways (USAir) in 1986. He has a total of 15,643 flight hours.

Flight Attendant Sheila Dail, age 57, joined US Airways (Piedmont Airlines) in 1980 and has more than 28 years experience with the airline.

Flight Attendant Doreen Welsh, age 58, joined US Airways (Allegheny Airlines) in 1970 and has more than 38 years experience with the airline.

Flight Attendant Donna Dent, age 51, was hired by US Airways (Piedmont Airlines) in 1982 and has more than 26 years with the airline.

Consummate Professionals...ALL.

Have some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Ask God to allow you to never have to walk in their shoes.

Lest YOU be judged...Or worse yet, do not Survive.

Everybody came HOME.

"Monday Morning" this all you want.

Everybody came Home.

AMEN.

( Next Subject... )

YKMKR

well said...

FWIW....Just on the news tonight.

That exact plane had an in-flight engine failure 2 days before this crash landing in the Hudson. NTSB said the engines have high-time and an AD was recently complied with pertaining to these engines on those Airbuses for in-flight engine failures.

Here come the lawsuits if this is true. Returning a plane back to service for engine trouble, then 2 days later it goes down from engine trouble. The media is looking into a cover-up about the whole bird issue.

Just what I heard, 5 minutes ago.

Latest resources

Back