• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hudson Ditching Left Engine Running at 35%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If only all of this bait was as effective on Marlin or Swordfish as it is on pilots.......

Last edited:
I did try what happened to Sully in the Sim and at home on the computer and I made it!! It wasn't pretty but I made it.

Another FI classic.

Just a friendly observation. Renting a Jenna Jameson DVD is not the same as having the talent to make her see stars and rip the sheets with her fingernails, no matter how good you feel when the credits roll.

Now if someone was pointing a loaded Glock at your head the first time you tried the MS Sim scenario, and knowing the trigger gets pulled if you screwed the deadstick, that might be a more valid test. Would be fun to watch on a webcam too.:laugh:

Just a friendly observation. Renting a Jenna Jameson DVD is not the same as having the talent to make her see stars and rip the sheets with her fingernails, no matter how good you feel when the credits roll.

Hahahahahaha....

Comedy gold! :laugh:

A high bypass engine make all its thrust in the last 20% N1. 35 % would not even get the thing taxiing on one engine. He was smart to leave it running for hydraulics. And less flaps on landing was smart also!! he did a great job for only having 3 minutes!!

Why was less flaps better?

Isn't it interesting how "Brown-on-his-bone", "Instructor-Doosh", and "Poke-her-hole Pylit" all post back-to-back...........

:confused:
Who needs the frickn comedy channel when you have the 3 amigos hosting their own battle of the biggest maroon's on the planet!

Keep the good times flown ladies.....:pimp:

Who needs the frickn comedy channel when you have the 3 amigos hosting their own battle of the biggest maroon's on the planet!

Keep the good times flown ladies.....:pimp:

I'm sure you meant morons??!! hahaha, just bustin' chops.:beer:

Last edited:
Why was less flaps better?

They probably used flaps 2 for t/o, then left them there. Also, adding more flaps adds drag, remember? Flaps 2 gave them the best lift/drag for their condition.

Finally, there's the condition of ...don't *uck with it. Changing the flap setting will change their green dot (best glide) speed and their glide distance to a more negative ratio. They had their hands full for the entire time and to them, that time probably was compressed into seconds.

We weren't there. They did great. Go play somewhere else guys, the sandbox is full.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back