• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How was the ATL job fair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that's more a sign of the caliber of applicant than the lack of applicants in general.

There are still quite a few people who would want to work for airTran. Problem is most of them are low-time RJ guys (the ones who just hit 1,000 PIC 121) and that's not what AAI has been getting at the Career Fairs and interviews the last half decade.

They've had it good, now they're getting scraps. Most of that is because the BIGGUNS are hiring, but some of it is definitely the fallout from our failed T.A., firings which are widespread knowledge, delivery schedule unknowns, and future expectations.

Hope a bunch of people got the jobs they wanted today or leads that will get them those jobs.

The only Legacy there was US Airways. No Delta, Continental, Northwest, United, FedEx, UPS, or ABX. I guess ABX cheesed out at the end. Airtran and Blueballs were there as well as skypus and Chicken (spirit) wings.

What i said is straight from our cp;i don't have no reason to make this up.i can tell you even more,they just hired a dc8 driver with thoursand of hours but no pic time.so unofficially they are dropping the pic requirement.
there's no shortage of pilots but they don't get to cherry pick the best candidates anymore.

What i said is straight from our cp;i don't have no reason to make this up.i can tell you even more,they just hired a dc8 driver with thoursand of hours but no pic time.so unofficially they are dropping the pic requirement.
there's no shortage of pilots but they don't get to cherry pick the best candidates anymore.

Your information is inaccurate.

The only Legacy there was US Airways. No Delta, Continental, Northwest, United, FedEx, UPS, or ABX. I guess ABX cheesed out at the end. Airtran and Blueballs were there as well as skypus and Chicken (spirit) wings.
Wow. I wonder what that means for Kit and co?

Seems strange that none of the majors hiring except Uair would bother to show up...

I still can't imagine going to work for UAir right now, with everything going on in E vs. W plus the sheer number of young guys on the West and the upgrade time because of it.

Wonder what the projected upgrade time is for someone who hires on at UAir right now...?

As far as AirTran, I know they've "waived" the PIC requirement a few times before, but I haven't heard anything official for dropping it completely.

I'm certain there's still many people who meet the mins applying, just to get out of their regional, but I'm sure it's nothing like it was a few years ago...

No reason to give Kit money when the FlightOps JobFair in Dallas only costs about 20% of Kit's, and, from what I have heard was a much better operation.

No reason to give Kit money when the FlightOps JobFair in Dallas only costs about 20% of Kit's (for the potential candidate), the seminars are free, and, from what I have heard was a much better operation.

It will affect AirInc attendance numbers, which will attract less companies.

This is an old thread, the one where bobbysans made his last post. He still lurks here but does not post, I wanted to pull his chain with the college degree thing which sends him into orbit, Lets see if he comes back.

It's going on three years since Bobbysamd has posted here, and you STILL get a woodie thinking about sending him "into orbit?" Man, you need a hobby.

Latest resources

Back