Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also want to address what was said earlier on this thread.....how do they know Bloch "shot down" the dispute on the DOH for 9E? Won't that be decided in the final award?

Because our representatives tell us the truth about whats going on.

This is rich coming from the pilot group that picketed during the last days of contract negotiations threatening to derail the process, then massacring the Colgan and Mesaba pilot groups for not joining them....

Oh yeah...that was that event where the Colgan and Mesaba MECs became the first pilot groups in the history of ALPA to ever solicit a request of no support for another pilot group. Classy stuff.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about Pinnacle's final standpoint submitted as a staple job. Why won't anyone talk about 9E's negotiating standpoints? Our union seriously needs to release them. The last email said something along the lines that they are thinking about releasing them. They should! Shut the trapholes of some of these people here who have no clue as to what 9E proposed in the negotiations phase. Let me give you a hint. With a straight-up DOH proposal, there is no room for negotiations. It's either straight DOH or it's not. Same thing with relative. It's either straight relative or it's not. NEITHER side budged from their viewpoint. Those initial viewpoints continued in negotiations, and then were submitted as final views. Where's the negotiations?!

9E was the one group that tried to submit different proposals, but they were either turned down or just outright ignored.

COLGAN PEOPLE:

Your union was initially submitted a proposal about taking 9E guys and 9L guys up to the date of Colgan purchase (Jan 2007), everyone on property that day and before, get relative. Then, after the purchase date in Jan 2007, everyone on property on both sides get DOH. This proposal WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A STAPLE JOB FOR COLGAN! I say again, relative among 9E/9L until the purchase date of Jan 2007, then DOH afterwards. The Colgan committee chairman did not even acknowledge this viewpoint. From the get-go, it seems he wanted it to be in the arbitrators hands.

I better not hear any Colgan guy complain about Pinnacle's final method. Pinnacles final method came after the other two groups outright ignored them and were not willing to negotiate to some middle ground. Pinnacle even tried different variations for stat/cat method, but no one negotiated.

So if you want to be ticked off at Pinnacle's final viewpoints, blame the 9L and XJ committee for refusing to negotiate anything else other then their initial AND final viewpoints. They never budged.

Oh yeah...that was that event where the Colgan and Mesaba MECs became the first pilot groups in the history of ALPA to ever solicit a request of no support for another pilot group. Classy stuff.

It wasn't a question of support, but rather the timing of the event. Progress was being made in negotiations. Colgan and Mesaba were just following the advice of ALPA national and D-ALPA. Again, it could be said that the Pinnacle MEC didn't support everyone else, but you just want to keep throwing stones

I'm sick and tired of hearing about Pinnacle's final standpoint submitted as a staple job. Why won't anyone talk about 9E's negotiating standpoints? Our union seriously needs to release them. The last email said something along the lines that they are thinking about releasing them. They should! Shut the trapholes of some of these people here who have no clue as to what 9E proposed in the negotiations phase. Let me give you a hint. With a straight-up DOH proposal, there is no room for negotiations. It's either straight DOH or it's not. Same thing with relative. It's either straight relative or it's not. NEITHER side budged from their viewpoint. Those initial viewpoints continued in negotiations, and then were submitted as final views. Where's the negotiations?!

9E was the one group that tried to submit different proposals, but they were either turned down or just outright ignored.

COLGAN PEOPLE:

Your union was initially submitted a proposal about taking 9E guys and 9L guys up to the date of Colgan purchase (Jan 2007), everyone on property that day and before, get relative. Then, after the purchase date in Jan 2007, everyone on property on both sides get DOH. This proposal WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A STAPLE JOB FOR COLGAN! I say again, relative among 9E/9L until the purchase date of Jan 2007, then DOH afterwards. The Colgan committee chairman did not even acknowledge this viewpoint. From the get-go, it seems he wanted it to be in the arbitrators hands.

I better not hear any Colgan guy complain about Pinnacle's final method. Pinnacles final method came after the other two groups outright ignored them and were not willing to negotiate to some middle ground. Pinnacle even tried different variations for stat/cat method, but no one negotiated.

So if you want to be ticked off at Pinnacle's final viewpoints, blame the 9L and XJ committee for refusing to negotiate anything else other then their initial AND final viewpoints. They never budged.

I agree, it would be nice to hear all the facts. I too am tired of all the bickering and back biting. I want this SLI done and singular union representation. Cheers

I agree, it would be nice to hear all the facts. I too am tired of all the bickering and back biting. I want this SLI done and singular union representation. Cheers

What is the timeline on that? I think they should stay seperate until everyone is able to bid where they will legally be able to bid in the end. My point is that there was at least one 900 transferred to 9E, and I want to make sure we are protected from having aircraft being transferred and not being able to bid to them (if it is legal according to the SLI). Same thing with the Saabs we have left. If we were using our certificate, then I would want the same protection for Colgan pilots.

I hope 9e does present all sides. I heard a presentation from our SLI guys about the all three proposals. If you truly believe 9e didn't try for a seniority grab then I don't know the real definition. Again I hope your committee shares the proposals.

But I also know that MOST of the 9e pilots are not being told the truth, so I refuse to start throwing mud. If I were in your positions I'd be mad at us too.

Again, it could be said that the Pinnacle MEC didn't support everyone else, but you just want to keep throwing stones

I'm not the one who brought the issue up. The stone was thrown by JAMIESTRAT. You seem to think that PCL pilots should just roll over while we get bombarded with slanderous rumors and outright lies.

I'm not the one who brought the issue up. The stone was thrown by JAMIESTRAT. You seem to think that PCL pilots should just roll over while we get bombarded with slanderous rumors and outright lies.

I was just amused that a Pinnacle pilot was telling us to be patient when their MEC proposed a picket due to impatience and incompetence. I was curious to see what ALPA national had to say about the courageous 9E pilots standing up against the management rats. Oh that's right, we never heard anything about it because it was not supported by National, Delta, Colgan or Mesaba.

The fact is we are just all sick of the constant BS that stems from all things Pinnacle over the course of the past year. I am sure Bloch is sick of it also.

Latest resources

Back