How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Options-

CX880 - You are obviously a plant of some sort (Harrison & Ford maybe??) to attempt to justify lowering the QOL and pay scale of all pilots. No one, and I do mean NO ONE is dumb enough to work for Mesa, TSA, Hojets, and then mourn the loss of Skybus, as that was where they really wanted to work. It really is not possible for anyone to have that poor of judgement. Perhaps it is some S&M thing you have going on?

Sorry dude only about half of that is correct. I don't work for gojets and the skybus thing was sarcasm. Lighten up.

Sorry dude only about half of that is correct. I don't work for gojets and the skybus thing was sarcasm. Lighten up.

If you don't work for them, then why support them emotionally? Why not show support for the guys on the street instead?

I was hired by Compass. They, along with the help of ALPA, seem to have come up with every way in the book not to pay you. They don't even give you a ticket to the first day of class. Their 12 month training contract is really 15 months. A real eye opener.

How do they turn a 12 month contract into 15? How do they not pay you? Please give some insider information on that company please...

you have 10,000 hours. I am so impressed.

I haven't addressed any facts? ARE YOU UNABLE TO READ? Have you not been reading my posts? How about the simple fact that TSA is furloughing and GJ is hiring. Let's start with that fact which I mentioned earlier, but you apparently think is flame . Explain to me how you, as a "union leader," approve of that?

Northwest is furloughing, Compass is hiring. Do I approve of TSA's furloughing? Absolutely not, but they are 2 seperate airlines with two separate lists. GoJet is giving preferrential interviews and are hiring. Since GoJet has been proven in court and the NMB that they are not "alter-ego", there is nothing else anyone else can do about it. It certainly isn't the pilots' fault, and more and more TSA guys are coming over there every month.

It is the pilot's fault. You are an enabler of management and their efforts to undermine an existing contract and weaken a pilot group. Real "union leader" of you. Good luck.

Northwest is furloughing, ...
That would be a real news scoop, if true.

We've been keeping a close watch and as far as I know NWA's displacements were recinded based on the DAL/NWA JPWA.

You know something nobody else knows?

How does Compass turn a 12 month training contract into 15?

Well, they don't start the timing until after you finish IOE.

On the first day of employment they bring you in for a one day orientation. You are responsible for getting to MSP on your own. They will not provide a ticket on their airline for you (that is your base they say). After the single day of orientation you are sent home with a CD about the airpland so that you can study at home, unpaid. This is for a "minimum" of 30 days. After the minimum of 30 days unpaid self training, you come back for a week of indoc training. Since it is your base, you are responsible for your own hotel. Sometime after that, you head off for the simulator training. After sim training you begin IOE. I would think that comes to about 3 months. Then the "12 month training contract" begins.

Even after you get back from your "minimum of 30 days" of unpaid home study, you are only paid for certain things, from what I understand.

But, before you know it, you begin earning that $23.59/flight hour. Now lets see, if you are on a 4 day trip begining at 6 am and getting back at 6pm on the 4th day that would be 84 hours. If you get 5 flight hours per day that would be 20 hours of credit. That amounts to $471.80. If you add in 1.50 per hour of per diem that comes to $597.80. Divide that by the 84 hours you are at work and you get an hourly rate of $7.12.

On the outer hand I should not really be counting per diem as pay because you must pay more to eat on the road than it would cost at home.

But, just remember that carrot that we have all learned to chase as pilots in this system that we helped to create. Should we consider alternatives to this system? Maybe some structural changes?

Just my perspective. Feel free to make corrections or to add other viewpoints. I'm not claiming to possess any answers, just questions.

Latest resources

Back