• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea because having gone to GJ matters to Suzy in HR and major airline pilots. Will Delta be in a pickle because they can't fly 300+ seats and have to resort to creating another airline and call it GoJets? Give me a break. GJ is legaly legitimate, not an alter ego it wasn't created to undermine any pilots.

And how retarded is Evansaero's post. Blanketing GJ, as if GJ is the problem to world wide lower pilot pay than it was back in the 1960s. If that's the case, what about the other regional pilots???

And you used to be a waterskiier....wow...speechless...

Th
I have checked every jumpseater religiously. It takes no time at all with a searchable word document on a pocketpc/palm. Any DAL pilot worth his/her salt should be thrilled to see us checking. The scumbag that is not getting a ride, has nothing to do with the DAL pilot group. Nearly every TSA/Mesa pilot I have checked has been thankful. Only 2 Freedum A-listers have been less than happy about the situation. Of course, I imagine they got over it while waiting for the next flight, which in at least one case, was the next day.

There are former Go Jet pilots at DAL. For you to bump one and say it has nothing to do with the DAL pilot group would be a miscalculation. DALPA will look at it as you bumping one of theirs regardless of past affiliation. If you haven't figured by now, most majors don't give 2 $hit$ about regional fighting. FWIW.

Last edited:
does that make your little wang hard?...preventing people from getting home or to work?

For the guys who have said no Gojetters are allowed on their jumpseat....like Options has said in this thread GoJet is getting some furloughed guys from ATA, etc....so if one of them, who's now a GJ pilot comes up, shakes your hand and says "hey I'm looking to get the jumpseat if possible to get home...my name is Joe and I fly for Gojet..how are you, etc".... You're going to say "You'll have to wait...you're not riding my jumpseat"????

And will you also deny an FO who doesn't even know the whole situation from 3 + years ago and was just hired by GJ? Will this denying a person a chance to get home go on indefinitely because of the company somebody chose to work with?

Just wondering.....

And you used to be a waterskiier....wow...speechless...

Sorry I call BS on the whole GJ/TSA deal, I'm simply trying to get a good flying job with equal and better work rules. And I don't buy the hypocrisy. One regional pilot says they can't stand scumbags who undermine others while another regional pilot in another post is excited that his airline might be the launch customer in the U.S of a 130 pax jet. A buddy of mine at Mesa says they've recruited a whole bunch of guys and classes are going to be full indefinitely. It's no use in fighting because no matter what, people will fly for food.

Todays regional airline pilot has no sense of history as is evidenced by the posts in this thread. You don't want other airlines or pilots taking your jobs, you want ALPA to fix your problems all of which you helped create, but now refuse to acknowledge your part in it.

When I started flying in the 80's if you were not a military pilot you spent years instructing, then flying 135 in singles Navajos and 402's. After 1500 to 4000 hours maybe you got a job flying Metros or Bandits for another 3 to 5 years. Perhaps you would go to a national airline like AWAC or AirCal before going to a major. ASA and AWAC would not even look at you without 3000 hours.

All of a sudden no one could wait to build a base of experience and skill. They had to skip all of that and get into the Metro right away, so all that PFT stuff started. Pay $12,000 bucks and get on the fast track. Now those with money could bypass those with experience.

Then some management geniuses came up with the idea to give regional airlines jets. Although you were flying bizjets on steriods you all demanded to be recognized by ALPA as a Part 121 jet pilot. After some questionable saftey practices, all regional flying was made Part 121. Now every RJ and Beech 1900 pilot jumped on the union bandwagon claiming Part 121 status, not out of solidarity, but out of the need for a quick way to get a job at a major and bypass years of experience.

This need to get on with a major ailine as quickly as possible created in young pilots a thirst for jet time. No one wanted jobs flying anything but RJ's, but the pay was still no different than what it was flying a Metro. You all cried "I fly jets, I'm entitled to be treated no different to any other jet pilot". Airline management took advantage of you and saw how they could get pilots to fly jets for less than half of what they were paying major airline pilots. The jets got bigger and your egos took over. You guys fought tooth and nail to get rid of scope clauses that were designed to protect your future job, so you could fly a bigger jet for a few more bucks an hour. The desire for the fast track allowed you to be led by the nose as management took away nearly 40% of all domestic flying from major airlines, and got you to fly the routes for poverty wages.

Second tier airlines virtually disappeared. Major airlines got rid of their smaller jets creating less jobs. Regional jets got bigger, more major airline jobs went away. Suddenly there were far fewer major airline jobs to get. Major airline pilots got furloughs and paycuts. Regional jet pilots played a major part in ruining their future chances to get a job at a major airline.

Now many of you are seeing you will probably be staying at ...... Express for the rest of your career and suddenly want ALPA to rescue you from low wages, alter ego airlines, and to save your jobs. You are ALPA now. You demanded to be recognized so quit looking for somone else to fix your problems and more importantly quit looking for someone to blame.

Every Go Jet pilot is no different than a TSA, RAH, Skywest pilot who took a jet job for pennies on the dollar. Do you think United used to fly an Metro from ORD to DEN? No, that was a route where they got rid of a 737 and replaced it with poor saps flying RJ's for half the pay.

Quit blaming others for your problems that you helped create. Expect little sympathy from most of ALPA as we too are paying for a situation where you were willing accomplices. Ridiculing Go Jet pilots and denying them jumpseats does nothing but make you look like an unprofessional goof. There are plently of major airline pilots who feel that their jobs were taken away. There was little love for TSA, Skywest or Mesa around ORD but I have never heard of a regional guy being refused a jumpseat. Grow up, and if you carry around a list of Go Jet pilots that you actually update or spend even two seconds looking at, you are an idiot.

Enjoy your Bourbon Chicken!

Last edited:
So let me get this right for all of you GoJets pilots defending your current employer, how are you any different then Freedom Airlines?

I know, I know there is a lot of good ATA, Champion, and etc furloughed people there, however I am not biting.

I am not saying that anyone is a scab by any means at Gojets, but I feel the rational on some of your parts is that 'it was the only airline hiring so I went there.'

Which leads my to believe if any airlines striked right now and they were the only ones hiring, that potentially a lot of pilots would go to that airline and work.

I feel that by ruining a pilot groups bargaining power by working for an alter ego carrier damages ALL pilot groups. Now you can give me a million quotes from legal documents and blah blah blah but please answer these question, what was managements exacts intentions when they developed GoJets? Did Gojets negatively effect the TSA pilot group? Is it true that TSA furloughed pilots directly after Gojets was developed?

TSA is none for being horrible to their pilots group (ie the firing of union leaders). They don't play by the books and Gojets was just that.

I would like to quote a freedom air A lister "but I had a mortgage, so I did what I had to do." Well you know what, so did the MESA pilots.

Last edited:
If you work at TSA and deny a Gojet jumpseater you'll be fired, that came from their own chief pilot's office. I'd be careful if you deny one. And like what was already said, you're probably denying a furloughed mainline pilot when you do. Yeah, that'll do you well.

You could always do what the last guy did and use a verbal threat "Are you sure you want to do this" and call the VP of Ops.

I left his ass behind too.
He was definitely a security risk:)

Spot on. It's about p!ssed of pilots who didn't play their cards right years ago. Get over it.
You and Freight Dog attitudes exemplify all that is wrong in the World.

I see TSA pilots who took an honorable stand against alter ego replacements, you see a quick way to leverage your lack of moral restraint.

It is true that GoJet pilots have been hired by the majors and cargo carriers. But the majority of new hires have been from other airlines. These new hires are educating their airline's recruiters on the GoJet issue and some of them are becoming the pilot representatives to the recruiting teams.

Short of crashing an airplane while inebriated, I can not think of a more certain way to put a dark cloud over a pilot's career than to put the work "GoJets" any where near an application.

Sure, that is just my opinion and these days we accept the shennanigans of investment bankers who have swindled all of us out of Billions, but, airline recruiters are a pretty conservative bunch.

They don't like moral restraint put in terms like not playing one's cards right.

Although you were flying bizjets on steriods you all demanded to be recognized by ALPA as a Part 121 jet pilot. After some questionable saftey practices, all regional flying was made Part 121. Now every RJ and Beech 1900 pilot jumped on the union bandwagon claiming Part 121 status, not out of solidarity, but out of the need for a quick way to get a job at a major and bypass years of experience.

Every Go Jet pilot is no different than a TSA, RAH, Skywest pilot who took a jet job for pennies on the dollar.

Ridiculing Go Jet pilots and denying them jumpseats does nothing but make you look like an unprofessional goof. There are plently of major airline pilots who feel that their jobs were taken away.
AirCobra,

As another guy who drove the Garrett 331 powered sewerpipe, before the corporate gig, before the regional, before the legacy, I thought I'd agree with your post. However, you missed a couple of important points
  • The mainline pilots negotiated scope without the input of the regional ALPA members. It wasn't ASA, Comair, or SkyWest that outsourced the flying, it was contracts negotiated and ratified by mainline. You and your MEC Reps outsourced your flying.
  • We agree that Regional guys need to raise their own boat and perform their own heavy lifting to get their contracts up to par. TSA was trying to do just that when their management (same people, same building, same desks, same maintenance, etc...) just set up an alter ego seniority list for those who were willing to step around ALPA and TSA pilots. Some crossed the line.
  • ALPA did the right thing in their single carrier petition, but Teamsters aligned themselves with management to fight for the alter ego replacement pilots. Teamsters was the winner.
You have to think about HOW regional pilots can improve their wages and working conditions. You can't just demand change, you have to have power to make it happen. That power comes from scope... the power to force the company to use only seniority list pilots.

GoJets was, and is, and end run around the attempts of TSA pilots to achieve recognition of their seniority, pay and working conditions.

Latest resources

Back