• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former United guy who has seen much of United's domestic flying go to TSA and others I have this to say: it seems to me many regional airline pilots had no trouble taking flying away from United mainline flying on shorter routes keeping United pilots on furlough longer after 2001 (SAT used to be a United 737), had no trouble flying AWAC routes for United at O'Hare when your management underbid AWAC, and now you have the gaul to call out Go Jets for doing what you did. Did a United or AWAC pilot ever turn a TSA guy down for a jumpseat? Maybe they should have.

Regionals at United picked up 20-30 precent of the domestic flying depending on the time of year. STL, SAT, COS, three flights a day to IAD, and Montreal are not feeder routes, these were flights flown by Mainline. Mainline United took two 737's off ORD to IAD and replaced the with three RJ flights (nearly equal number of seats, lower paid pilots). United also did something similar in COS.

TSA was willing to take routes for lower wages than mainline United, and TSA ERJ pilots happily flew them. TSA booted AWAC out of ORD by bidding lower and TSA pilots happily flew those routes too. Where were your principles when it came to United 737 and A319 pilots or AWAC BAe-146 guys? AWAC was at ORD for the 19 years. TSA, Mesa, and Skywset came in and underbid AWAC just like Go Jet underbid TSA. TSA was willing to fly United Mainline routes for less than half the pay a United FO makes. Well no wonder you fly ORD to IAD or ORD to DFW instead of places like Evansville and Champaign like in the old days. It is also why 43% of the United domestic flights out of ORD are UAX. Your company underbid mainline pilots, then you fly around in United colors, using United's reservation system to fill your planes, using United ground crews, and try to say that somehow you are better than Go Jet. Do you see how giving domestic flying to regionals has kept United pilots on furlough? Now what you did to United is being done to you. You have benefitted from flying in United colors. You probably dropped the "Express" part of United Express when talking to girls at a bar. Now you come on here and speak with such self indignation about denying Go Jet pilots jumpseats and how much better you are than Go Jet. Look in the mirror, what routes are you flying today that were flown by United or AWAC? Has a United or AWAC pilot ever denied a TSA guy a jumpseat? Probably not. Its time you mature and cut the vendetta stuff and realize the nature of the industry you are in.

I understand that that is the law of the jungle and I accept it, and I have never blamed a regional airline pilot for taking jobs away from anyone. Nor would I ever deny a jumpseat to TSA, Mesa, or Skywest. I just can't stand the hypocrisy of the guys on here claiming they are better than Go Jet and making excuses like United pilots didn't want to fly 50 seat aircraft and that everything was just wonderful when you booted AWAC out of ORD. Give me a break!!!

Sometimes you need to look at the plank in your own eye before looking at the speck in your brothers eye.

You are right we should have just bent over to Hulas and extended our contract to infinity, agreed to extend 50 seat rates for 160 seat aircraft, waived any work rules.....

So what is your point? We fought. Get a clue.

That's your rebuttal? You didn't get the point? You got your ass kicked by AirCobra by his post and your response was a one-liner. Heh. I thought you were a better debater than that.

AirCobra stated the same thing I did. EVERY regional pilot is a whore to the industry, as all of that flying should be main line flying. Yet, you do it - you are/were a regional whore. EVERY pilot who takes a regional job HURTS "the profession". If you go to Europe the AVERAGE salary of an EMB-145 starting salary F.O. is around $67k, and Captains are well into 6 figures. EVERY regional is a whore in the United States you pompous bastards. GoJet is no different than any other regional, it was just the TSA pilots who got burned (by their own vote, as they had a choice, unlike what happened to the regionals when Freedom or Compass was formed) instead of mainline - they gambled, and as sometimes happened, management got the upper hand. It was a win-win for management and they let the TSA pilots choose which way it would go, and quite frankly, from the whole story, I think they knew the pilots would choose the choice they did, and now they do not have to protect higher paying TSA jobs, and now more pilots will be on the street. That's what was on the table, and that's how it went down. Again, the situation had nothing to do with the pilots at Gojet, it was management.

Why didn't ALPA put out a formal protest and ban interviewing and accepting jobs at Gojet if the mere working at that company is unethical? If they did that, no pilots would interview there. They did not. They STILL have not. They WILL not. Because those jobs are NOT unethical, or at least not any less ethical than any other regional job. To "pick" on the many pilots who are now going there (all who are furloughed from elsewhere now) is ludicrous and accomplishes nothing. GoJet jobs are jobs. There are THOUSANDS of airline pilots on the street, most of them major airline pilots who will probably never see big iron again. These regional whore selfish bastards would rather have these guys still standing in bread lines than taking an industry-average regional job and putting at least SOME bread on the table - in a union job, at that. Moronic attitude, there, and extremely selfish, as working at GoJet does not dilute the "strength" of the regional force nor lower the "bar" any, in fact they pay better than Mesa and are competitive in their regional (whore) wage.

I do not blame the TSA pilots for voting down the single list due to what the company tried to sneak in. Good for them, they made a stand and protected their contract without lowering "the bar". That decision cost them the ability to flow into GoJet and maintain some seniority. More pilots rather than less will now be on the street (although GoJet is hiring TSA pilots as new-hires, now). They did what their pilot group thinks is the right thing. I personally have mixed feelings but the argument supported is strong on why they voted no, and as I already stated, I too probably would have voted it down, even if it cost me my job. To point fingers at a Gojet pilot and say that they are "stealing" from a TSA pilot though? Ridiculous, and ignorant talk from regional pilots who do not understand that they are flying stolen flying themselves.

The attitude some of these guys have from TSA regarding GoJet pilots is assinine and immature, and completely hypocritical. They need someone to be angry at. The anger should be toward management, not the pilots of GoJet, but that won't change, so oh well. Be upset. I'm certainly not worried about it, and neither do most mainline pilots. No picket lines were crossed, no work is struck work. Grow up.

Last edited:
That's your rebuttal? You didn't get the point? You got your ass kicked by AirCobra by his post and your response was a one-liner. Heh. I thought you were a better debater than that.

AirCobra stated the same thing I did. EVERY regional pilot is a whore to the industry, as all of that flying should be main line flying. Yet, you do it - you are/were a regional whore. EVERY pilot who takes a regional job HURTS "the profession". If you go to Europe the AVERAGE salary of an EMB-145 starting salary F.O. is around $67k, and Captains are well into 6 figures. EVERY regional is a whore in the United States you pompous bastards. GoJet is no different than any other regional, it was just the TSA pilots who got burned (by their own vote, as they had a choice, unlike what happened to the regionals when Freedom or Compass was formed) instead of mainline - they gambled, and as sometimes happened, management got the upper hand. It was a win-win for management and they let the TSA pilots choose which way it would go, and quite frankly, from the whole story, I think they knew the pilots would choose the choice they did, and now they do not have to protect higher paying TSA jobs, and now more pilots will be on the street. That's what was on the table, and that's how it went down. Again, the situation had nothing to do with the pilots at Gojet, it was management.

Why didn't ALPA put out a formal protest and ban interviewing and accepting jobs at Gojet if the mere working at that company is unethical? If they did that, no pilots would interview there. They did not. They STILL have not. They WILL not. Because those jobs are NOT unethical, or at least not any less ethical than any other regional job. To "pick" on the many pilots who are now going there (all who are furloughed from elsewhere now) is ludicrous and accomplishes nothing. GoJet jobs are jobs. There are THOUSANDS of airline pilots on the street, most of them major airline pilots who will probably never see big iron again. These regional whore selfish bastards would rather have these guys still standing in bread lines than taking an industry-average regional job and putting at least SOME bread on the table - in a union job, at that. Moronic attitude, there, and extremely selfish, as working at GoJet does not dilute the "strength" of the regional force nor lower the "bar" any, in fact they pay better than Mesa and are competitive in their regional (whore) wage.

The attitude some of these guys have from TSA regarding GoJet pilots is assinine and immature, and completely hypocritical. They need someone to be angry at. The anger should be toward management, not the pilots of GoJet, but that won't change, so oh well. Be upset. I'm certainly not worried about it, and neither do most mainline pilots. No picket lines were crossed, no work is struck work. Grow up.

Jeez, I wish you well and you get belligerent. ALPA dropped the ball. We agree.

Did you need mommy to tell you everything?

You know what you are doing is unethical, you just want it to be sanctioned by ALPA or Teamsters or whoever.

Grow up? Pot meet kettle.

No, I and others have pointed out that it is not unethical, or that if it is, it is not any less unethical than any other regional (whore) job, as every regional flight is stealing flying from someone else, which was the entire point you missed yet again.

We are in disagreement, which is fine. I truly do respect the TSA guys and their fight, and their vote. I personally know what it is like to make a stand and lose your job over your union fight.

It is unrealistic and unfair however, to just assume because they didn't get what they wanted and pilots are getting furloughed that I shouldn't work there now as it is a completely separate airline, and ALPA NOR the Teamsters have said any different.

You have got to be the TOUGHEST internet guy I have ever seen. I bet you could beat up the hulk in an internet death match.

Seriously, you are probably the most arrogant, self-righteous internet tough-guy I've ever seen. Like you have any idea of the 'numerous guys' that did or did not get hired because of their affiliation with GoJet. It's almost not worth ripping on you... you do a better job of it yourself.

Always, the same old- "you'll never get hired" scare tactics.. hilarious, really.

totally true! just let redbook believe that....it makes him feel better....deep down he knows the truth and legacy carrier HR departments DO know the story and DO NOT care.....just let him have his fun.

You are right we should have just bent over to Hulas and extended our contract to infinity, agreed to extend 50 seat rates for 160 seat aircraft, waived any work rules.....

So what is your point? We fought. Get a clue.

Wow. I bet you're a real joy to spend 4 days on the road with. Why don't you get a clue. People are on the street and looking for work. If GoJets is where they choose then so be it. Get over yourself you @$$.

CX..
again, I guess you just don't get it.

We didn't ******************** up. We fought a battle for a just cause and we lost.

If needed, I would do it again.
There will always be pilots who justify going to work for people like Hulas and companies like GoJets. You and OS seem to be acouple of them. EO, SJ and DT were others..
MDW came on here to ask some serious questions. I respect that.
What he does with the info will be up to him.

If he chooses to go to GoJets he will have to live with that decision. But he should have all the info available to make that decision. And part of that info is realizing how and why GoJets got started and why there is hatred towards them.

Some people hate SouthWest, others JetBlue. I know of people who hate Continental (and not just right now.. lol) and others that hate Delta, UPS and Fedex.
Every has a reason and I have stated mine towards GoJet and the management of TSAH.

But "Wow I believe this is the first post where a TSA pilot admits they F#cked UP!" Not even close.

Wow. I bet you're a real joy to spend 4 days on the road with. Why don't you get a clue. People are on the street and looking for work. If GoJets is where they choose then so be it. Get over yourself you @$$.

ok spineless. I bet you are a joy bending over for management.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back