• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is avant air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sounds alot more interesting than going back and forth between Raleigh and Ohio all day via LGA.

For those who have gone through the inteverview process ...how long does it usually take from the time the app is submitted till there is a call for an interview?

Our recruiter, Elizabeth, is usually swamped with lots of resumes. Don't take it personally if she hasn't gotten back to you yet. I'd suggest a followup call if it's been more than a week or two since the res was submitted...

BTW finished my tour in Vegas...

Last edited:
Our recruiter, Elizabeth, is usually swamped with lots of resumes. Don't take it personally if she hasn't gotten back to you yet. I'd suggest a followup call if it's been more than a week or two since the res was submitted...

BTW finished my tour in Vegas...

The fractionals like Avantair will certainly help you see much more of the country. Flying a P180 (especially the newer models with Pro Line 21 up front) into both major and uncontrolled airfields around the country would be far more interesting than most part 121 flying out there...

Check out this Youtube video showing the newer P180 at Avantair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PozsRQUjem4&feature=related

You certainly get the sensation of speed in that airplane from what I have heard....

I'd be interested to hear what people thought about transitioning into the P180 from their previous 121 equipment. Were you impressed or indifferent? What did you like and dislike about the P180?

I fly out of the PHX area and I see them all the time (and I can hear them from miles away). Whenever I fly into the LA Basin I probably hear 3-4 Avantair airplanes.

I flew a CRJ for the regionals and the freight in a B-727. The P180 is obviously a smaller plane and feels lighter as a result. The only other props I've ever flown is pistons so the Piaggio feels a lot more like the jets than the other props I've flown. The stage lengths and amount of country covered feels like a jet as well. About the only difference between jets and the P180 is you don't have to slow at 10,000 cause you're already real close to 250.

That said, it's not as fast as a jet and you realize that when ATC is vectoring you out of the way when somebody has 80 kts on you. It's a very stable airplane. You appreciate that when doing steep turns. You just set a bank and it seems to hold it. Maybe not like an A320 with computers doing the work for you, but as close as you can get with aerodynamics alone. I tell people it's like a hydro foil (the boat). When it's down in the water it bobs around like everyone else...but get it up on plane and it cuts through the water and you don't feel the chop. That's what the Avanti is like.

The cockpit is a little cramped. I'm 6'4" and with the seat all the way down and back I can go 2.5 hours before I really feel like getting out. I wouldn't want to be a fat pilot in it. My real complaint is I can't cross my legs.

It's a real head turner too. I've never flown a plane where people are always coming up asking to look inside talk about it. It's not as bad now, but a couple years ago when I started a lot of people were coming up and asking "what the hell is it?" and "Which way does it fly?".

All and all a great plane. I felt when I came here that its fuel economy would be useful and now that I pay over $7.00 per gal average I'm hopeful that equals job security. The company is great and you get the sense that management has your back. Common sense prevails when "situations" come up.

Enjoy.

Latest resources

Back