• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is avant air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
deleted... what was I thinking... I might have mainiac for my IOE Captain after I upgrade... nevermind...

I still want another tie pin, though...

Last edited:
how long is the training at avantair?
do you get paid during training? how about hotel room? where is the training done ?
thanks

how long is the training at avantair?
do you get paid during training? how about hotel room? where is the training done ?
thanks

how long is the training at avantair? Initial Indoc, Systems and Sim about 3 weeks from start to finish, no breaks

do you get paid during training? per diem only

how about hotel room? Holiday Inn St Pete and Crowne Plaza West Palm, single occupancy rooms, paid by company

where is the training done ? PIE (company Indoc) and PBI (FSI)

hope this helps

I am not bashing, just asking a question.

Are you guys still getting Phenom Jets? What is this all about? Just wanted your input. Thanks.

Rock On!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Avantair Sells Phenom Positions To Executive AirShare[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Central U.S. regional fractional provider Executive AirShare (EAS) last week signed an agreement to acquire 18 Embraer Phenom 100 delivery slots from Clearwater, Fla.-based Avantair, which offers shares in Piaggio Avanti twin turboprops. EAS also has an option to buy Avantair’s two remaining Phenom 100 positions. The move ends Avantair’s plans for the 20 very light jets, which the company ordered in October 2006. Under the deal, which was sanctioned by Embraer, EAS now has firm orders for 28 Embraer Phenom 100s and four Phenom 300s, with options on 12 more 100s and four more 300s. EAS’s first Phenom 100 will be delivered next June, 14 months earlier than the company’s original order for the VLJ. According to EAS chairman and CEO Robert Taylor, the deal will allow Avantair to focus on building its national program, while EAS can more quickly “expand our regional fractional program into new markets.” Kansas City, Mo.-based EAS currently operates four Beechjet 400As, five King Air 350s, five King Air C90Bs and a Beech Baron. The Beechjets are likely to be phased out after the Phenom 100s arrive, a company spokesman told AIN. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

You know just as much as we do.

My guess from day one is that we were not going to see them.

There is good and bad with this deal for the pilots. I believe we (the company) are going to make some money from the sale of the positions. This will make for better long term stability. Yet we are not getting the growth.

At some point we will get another aircraft type. Who knows what that will be.. Just my $ .02

Take Care,

celloman

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Avantair Sells Phenom Positions To Executive AirShare[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Central U.S. regional fractional provider Executive AirShare (EAS) last week signed an agreement to acquire 18 Embraer Phenom 100 delivery slots from Clearwater, Fla.-based Avantair, which offers shares in Piaggio Avanti twin turboprops. EAS also has an option to buy Avantair’s two remaining Phenom 100 positions. The move ends Avantair’s plans for the 20 very light jets, which the company ordered in October 2006. Under the deal, which was sanctioned by Embraer, EAS now has firm orders for 28 Embraer Phenom 100s and four Phenom 300s, with options on 12 more 100s and four more 300s. EAS’s first Phenom 100 will be delivered next June, 14 months earlier than the company’s original order for the VLJ. According to EAS chairman and CEO Robert Taylor, the deal will allow Avantair to focus on building its national program, while EAS can more quickly “expand our regional fractional program into new markets.” Kansas City, Mo.-based EAS currently operates four Beechjet 400As, five King Air 350s, five King Air C90Bs and a Beech Baron. The Beechjets are likely to be phased out after the Phenom 100s arrive, a company spokesman told AIN. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Thats not good.

Thats not good.

On the contrary, Avantair is doing well with the P180 in terms of sales - it's a hit with owners. Why increase complexity with another aircraft type that costs more to operate and is less capable than the Avanti? Focus is probably better in this case.

On the contrary, Avantair is doing well with the P180 in terms of sales - it's a hit with owners. Why increase complexity with another aircraft type that costs more to operate and is less capable than the Avanti? Focus is probably better in this case.

Bingo! Our Piaggio sales are strong, to say the least. Another insightful comment, Rod. How's it going, anyway?

Hey guys,

I wanna say thanks for all of the info on this thread. I've been looking into Avantair for a while and I think I finally might have enough time to stick a resume in (barely). Can anyone tell me if I have a shot in the dark with the following?

TT 1900
ME 400
SIC Jet 300

I currently work for a 121 regional, but fractional is where I wanna be...

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back