• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is avant air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, seven whole months on the road and you are already going to retire from the place. Give us a call when you can put years behind the number.

Well, I've been here for 3yrs. there have been constant inprovements since I started. That being said, we still have a bit to go. Considering we don't have the deep pockets of Bombardier, Cessna, or uncle Warren backing us, pay is not bad. Upgrades are running at 8-10 months due to growth right now.

Wow, seven whole months on the road and you are already going to retire from the place. Give us a call when you can put years behind the number.

don't be a NJA dick. You're making the good ones look bad! aftcg182 helped me and tons of other guys get an interview with Avantair.

don't be a NJA dick. You're making the good ones look bad! aftcg182 helped me and tons of other guys get an interview with Avantair.

7 months in the span of a career is nothing. Believe it or not. I'm glad he got you a interview, good for you. But after ONLY 7 months and he is ready to retire from a place, well I guess time will tell and it won't be measured in months, more like years.

"Starting my seventh month and still love coming to work every week"

I guess I missed where in this quote he is retiring?

Got some time on my hands here at TEB, so I'll address the original question. Things are great here. I plan to retire from Avantair (many years down the road, of course). Starting my seventh month and still love coming to work every week.

As far as what to expect in the interview, a Google search could give you a pretty good idea. We typically don't give out too many specifics, as requested by the powers-that-be.

Response time to a resume submission will vary, since Elizabeth is usually swamped.

Whole quote.

I plan to retire here as well. (2 years in now)

Avantair is a sinking ship. The financials don't lie. People would be leaving there like crazy if anyone else was hiring.

Those Phenoms aren't going to ever see Avantair.

All you will ever hear at Avantair is how they are going to fix things, or that it's going to get better soon.

Avantair Definitions:
Transitioning to in house training = Can't pay Flight Safety Bill
Looking for pilots who fit our culture = Pilots who fly broken planes and fudge duty times
7 and 7 schedule = 7 days on and fly home on 8th day
Ops Check Good = We really need that plane out of MX to cover a trip

AftCG182 is brainwashed. The guy got fired for yelling at an IOE Captain at his previous job.

Avantair is a sinking ship. The financials don't lie. People would be leaving there like crazy if anyone else was hiring.

All you will ever hear at Avantair is how they are going to fix things, or that it's going to get better soon.

Avantair Definitions:
Transitioning to in house training = Can't pay Flight Safety Bill
Looking for pilots who fit our culture = Pilots who fly broken planes and fudge duty times
7 and 7 schedule = 7 days on and fly home on 8th day
Ops Check Good = We really need that plane out of MX to cover a trip

AftCG182 is brainwashed. The guy got fired for yelling at an IOE Captain at his previous job.

Nice negative post (your first). Perhaps you can explain why you are so negative? My understanding is that Avantair has needed that "critical number" of P180s to become profitable (the point at which they can minimize ferry flights). I would say it is very difficult to set up an effective infrastructure (training, scheduling, administration, etc.) during a growth spurt - Avantair won't be the first company to have growth-related issues.

I don't work there so I don't have a bone in this fight. That said, your comments seem pretty personal and mean-spirited (especially toward Aft). Perhaps you can let us know why you are so mad/negative?

You have to admit though, the P180 is very popular among owners - the company just needs to create an efficient operation so that it can grow its positive cash flow at some point.

Avantair Definitions:
Transitioning to in house training = so is NJA

Looking for pilots who fit our culture = So is NJA

7 and 7 schedule = so is NJA.

see above knucklebone.....

Boy, I really always have tried to stay completely positive on this forum, but all I can say is:
What a loser, mr njt916!

And, having flown quite a few days with Aft, couldn't find a more positive, hard working, Happy guy and an asset to have here!

Latest resources

Back