• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-----

Last edited:
Alert!!!! New Avantair Definition

Hard Interview = Most Unprofessional interview I have ever been through

By the way I work at Avantair

I did not mean anything mean to AftCG it's just that he is happy to be in aviation. A true statement is not an insult.

You're a better man than me, Waco...

Okay,

For the record...most Avantair guys are stable. We don't want people to kill themselves for seniority sake.

Also, I get home on day seven 90% of the time. Very seldom do I get the call pleading me to stay on, and even then I'm asked...not told. At $500 for a day of OT I usually say, "yes" and it's no big deal. Again, most of the time I'm home on day 7 with no problem unless I ask for more.

I have NEVER EVER EVER "fudged" duty times. When I show up I show up and that time sticks.

Paying FSI? They get paid. Let's not forget who owns FlightSafety. 'nuff said.

I do not fly "broken" airplanes. I have NEVER EVER EVER been told to fly a broke plane. When it breaks I write it up and some guy in greasy clothes shows up and fixes it.

I'd question why someone as disgruntled as NJT916 would stay if he's really employed at such a "bad place". All I know is this is the best job I've ever had and I look forward to many years here.

Fly Safe.

Last edited:
holding my tongue, holding my tongue... why do these same guys keep coming back with new screen names but the same negativity. For years they hold a grudge, for years they just cant let it go. Fractional is not for everybody. Its harder than most flight jobs and some guys just cant handle all that it takes to be good at it. Get over it.

crap, i let go of my tongue, holding it again...

then do us all a favor at Avantair and kill yourself, I need to move up the seniority list anyway......smuck!

Some of that wonderful Avantair Corporate Culture shining through!

Here are some Avantair positives to show you im not all negative.

95% of the owners are great
The Avanti II rocks especially with the new engines
Getting lots of Points from hotels and Airline miles is great

Some of that wonderful Avantair Corporate Culture shining through!

Here are some Avantair positives to show you im not all negative.

95% of the owners are great
The Avanti II rocks especially with the new engines
Getting lots of Points from hotels and Airline miles is great

Well, those are certainly positive since you could be furloughed like so many other aviators these days. Time to look on the positive side of things... Sure, Avantair probably has a host of growth-related issues and it doesn't pay as well as Netjets, but it certainly could be a worse situation for many of us - the prospect of impending furlough... There are worse things than zipping around in an Avanti II.

Wow. I seem to be taking these breaks from flightinfo more frequently these days, and every time when I return, I browse the posts, only to be amazed and horrified by what I see.

Every day I say aloud how grateful I am for this gig. This week, I've enjoyed a couple of overnights courtesy of our neighbors to the North. Last night Toronto, tonight, Muskoka. Lots of great flying in between.

Reading NJT916's posts, one would be lead to believe that pilots are powerless, whining complainers. Well, we aren't. Some of us that were not satisfied with the professional arrangements in our careers made changes. We ended up at Avantair as a result. We didn't just sit around and complain about how bad things are, nitpicking at every opportunity.

NJT916, I didn't think that fvck$ticks of your caliber could ever work here. Somehow you must have slipped through the cracks. If you don't like it here... LEAVE. Or keep complaining. Try reading your posts some time. I'm embarrassed for you.

Thanks to the people that posted in my defense.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back