• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do I tell a Corp FA to go away...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avoid all flight attendants, they are pyscho! That is why I'm single, I helped one move. She started calling the ex and that us the rest of the story.

I'm not at all implying that you are having an affair, but I thought I'd share this story about psycho FAs.

This captain at an airline I used to work for was having an affair with a FA. I guess he was promising her that he would divorce his wife, but never did. So one morning after an overnight, the F/O and 3 FAs showed up to catch the van to the airport. The captain was missing but the FA he was "seeing" told the other crewmembers that he was running a tad behind and that he would meet them at the terminal. He never showed, so the F/O starting calling his cell and room. There was no answer and it was now 20 minutes before departure. Crew scheduling was called by the station to try to help find him. Needless to say, the flight was delayed until they could determine his whereabouts. They sent the station manager over to the hotel and asked security to go up and see his room. When they opened the door, they found the captain handcuffed to the bedpost, buck naked, and gagged! I guess she got her sick revenge.

Or even better yet. At least you have a "girl" problem. Try being hit on be a 6 foot female pilot who used to be a guy!

Just admit it, you must have laid pipe in this situation and done one heck of a job for her to be following you around like that.

Defuse the situation

Does she know your wife? Have her come over to the house and meet her. That will have 2 possible outcomes:

1) The wife will understand what you are up against, decide it's harmless and not be worried about it.

2) The wife will smell trouble and take care of the situation herself by explaining things to Miss FA.

If that doesn't work, call Mobie. ;)

I knew this was going to be a good thread

That was good, but seriously as a former Chief Pilot that has dealt with this situation from a management perspective.

The sooner I knew about a problem the better I could diffuse it later. I would tell your Chief Pilot about the situation and come up with a plan. My plan would be that once the CP knew, I would prefer to handle it on my own with his/her concurrence. I would then tell her that enough was enough and to leave you alone on your off time. If she reacts negatively then at least the CP would know where it is coming from.

Truth is almost always the best policy especially early in the situation.

Just my .02

As a world EXPERT on F/As let me first tell you that flakes are not by any means limited to the Corporate world. In fact, I think airlines have a much higher percentage of flake F/As than the Corporate world (where I am now they seem a lot more normal than those at the Regionals were).

That being said...................

Seeing as how I have been run around the block by a few F/As in my day (LOL) I would say the best way to get rid of one is to have your wife call her on the phone. Have your wife tell the chick you have some gawd-forsaken STD and should be avoided at all costs. She'll stop calling you in no time flat! Works for me!!! LOL

In all seriousness though...

You will probably wind up being dragged into the CP's office for sexual harassment so watch out. I would flat out tell the woman in no uncertain terms (with tact) that she cannot continue to hound you. Tell her it is having a negative effect on your personal life at home. Let her know you think she is a nice person and yadda yadda yadda, but the calls at home are over the top and have to cease.. .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back