How do I tell a Corp FA to go away...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xdrvr

All right guys, I need your help. I'm posting Corp bcuz there are a lot of professional dynamics involved here. How do I tell an FA to go away? I mean that in the nicest way, but here's what happened; I made the mistake of trying to help her with her boyfriend problems, you know listening and all that stuff and now she calls my cell phone and pages me constantly. I don't think its just me though, shes friendly with a lot of guys, but shes the damsel in distress kind of girl and now she's wreaking havoc with my home life. I'm posting this under the Corp section because we're a relatively small department and I'll have to fly with her again soon I'm sure or at least run into her on the road or one of her friends. I've tried not responding to emails and calls but she hasn't given up for almost a year now, because of the duties of our jobs I still have to work with her, we're just a 3 person crew. I honestly don't feel like I'm encouraging her (I haven't given her a shoulder to cry on lately) but I just can't tell her to hit the road ... This is a serious problem, I know some of you are chuckling, but if I could get some serious input, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

xdrvr said:
All right guys, I need your help. I'm posting Corp bcuz there are a lot of professional dynamics involved here. How do I tell an FA to go away? I mean that in the nicest way, but here's what happened; I made the mistake of trying to help her with her boyfriend problems, you know listening and all that stuff and now she calls my cell phone and pages me constantly. I don't think its just me though, shes friendly with a lot of guys, but shes the damsel in distress kind of girl and now she's wreaking havoc with my home life. I'm posting this under the Corp section because we're a relatively small department and I'll have to fly with her again soon I'm sure or at least run into her on the road or one of her friends. I've tried not responding to emails and calls but she hasn't given up for almost a year now, because of the duties of our jobs I still have to work with her, we're just a 3 person crew. I honestly don't feel like I'm encouraging her (I haven't given her a shoulder to cry on lately) but I just can't tell her to hit the road ... This is a serious problem, I know some of you are chuckling, but if I could get some serious input, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

99% of corp f/a's are basketcases. They come with more baggage than a 747.

So....you gave her a shoulder to cry on and "helped" her with boyfriend problems huh? please...

Call me crazy, but I read this (and maybe your wife agrees) as you were sweet to her on some overnights, probably hitting on her...now you regret it. Me thinks there is more to the story...otherwise you would have told her flat out "do not contact me outside work". Whats so hard about saying that?

"I just cant tell her to hit the road"...humm.....

smells fishy man! -- and Im not just talking about her snatch!

:eek: :D

Last edited:
Never dip your pen in the company ink... Very good advice.

Have you seen Fatal Attraction ? Is she cooking any family pets on your stove ? Short of driving a stake through her heart I doubt she'll leave you alone.

Last edited:
xdrvr said:
So MissKittyKat works for you guys huh:p ? What the hell where you thinking:eek: ?

Shouldn't have talked to her in the first place. FA's are a different breed. An old guy once said, "Anyone who dates an FA is too lazy to j*rk off".:D

WOW! This is a tough room. Well, I believed him. Just another good samaritan getting screwed... Er, bad choice of words, sorry. ;) TC

I know this is probably the toughest option and not what you want to hear but have you tried telling her what you told us in your post? I don't think there is any other way to do it...unless you can get her fired, then you never have to deal with her again! :)

Why don't you just tell her that all her calling and is really getting to your wife. If you're innocent in all of this, she should understand.

The old man that founded the company that I use to fly for had a great quote...

"You are not allowed to fish of the company peer."

You should deal with this as directly as possible .... get a new phone number, get a new job on the other side of the country ... and avoid all eye contact.

Either that or tell her the truth and risk a sexual harassment suit and pending divorce.

A wise man once told me, " you are not paying for them to stay, you are paying for them to go away". If it floats, flys or, well you know the rest.

Latest resources

Back