• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring Forcasts at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From your mouth to God's ears! But, I'm thinking it will be less than 100. I'm a little short on cash, however I'd be willing to wager a shiny new watch :D

The wager would depend on which watch model you have.

Are you wagering:

The one that sounds an alarm at every 14 and 10 hour interval?

or

The one that stops at 23:59 every 7th day?

For what its worth attrition currently averages 8/month. With the second dispersment of the bonus, we will see some sort of increase (I'm not even going to guess).

Also, a 1 1/2 ago when I was hired they said in indoc that the plan was 300-500 a year for the next 5 years. I know things can change and that is old information but for what its worth...

I was going to be a B737 Captain last year too making $200,000 a year according to one of my indocs in the past! :pimp:

Ah the uniform collection...

I heard we would only hire maybe 300 total for duration of the contract. But that was in 2004

Yeah! That rumor was so false it wasn't even remotely believable.

I like those... they make me chuckle at how stupid management thinks we are sometimes.

My 230 is over a year and a half. I think 50 will leave right off. Another 50 a couple of weeks later and then dribs and drabs to add up to a total of 230.

Just my uneducated guess.

I have been told this by a rather reliable source though I can't say who...
The long term goal of the company is 1000 airplanes and between 5000 to 7000 pilots. That will be the cap and no more expansion.

The wager would depend on which watch model you have.

Are you wagering:

The one that sounds an alarm at every 14 and 10 hour interval?

or

The one that stops at 23:59 every 7th day?

No, no, no! This model has the FRDA auto-timer. It beeps at the 5th hour, and then vibrates at the 6th hour. After that, simply place it near your ear and listen to the mechanized melody of money!

No, no, no! This model has the FRDA auto-timer. It beeps at the 5th hour, and then vibrates at the 6th hour. After that, simply place it near your ear and listen to the mechanized melody of money!

You mean they actually gave you a valid FRDA by hour 2 negating the need for the 1 hour/2 hour communications??!!??!!

Mechanized melody of money? Does that sound like the Pink Floyd song?

This is the most common mistake with FRDA that you sit for 5 hours and then call them....

Its a 1hr 2hr call. Not 5hr6hr call.

Thought about it some more and did some research on the senority list. My magic number is now 86 in 2007.

My 230 is over a year and a half. I think 50 will leave right off. Another 50 a couple of weeks later and then dribs and drabs to add up to a total of 230.

Just my uneducated guess.

Diesel,
Your number may be close. Accoding to some people in the puzzle palace, they have the number at 240 next year. How they came to that number is how old the guys are, how they have their vactions placed. And number of sick days in the bank, and how much they have in been stocking away in their 401k.

The thinking is that the guys will take the bonus. Vactions Jan, Feb, March, with sick days used to keep from going on the road, then when they run out of sick time and vaction and the thought of a 4am show in TEB is too much to deal with, they will give notice. The person I spoke with says a spike in Jan and a spike in April. Now this comes out of the puzzle palace so take it for what it worth. I personally know 10 guys who are gone next year.

Latest resources

Back