Hired at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Archie Bunker said:
Got the call today for a May 8th indoc class at NetJets. I got my first and only choice for domicile (LAX), along with the Citation X (the only aircraft offered).

The type rating course in the Citation X starts on June 1st. I was surprised to see that the course is only 19 days long...that is of course until I noticed that we only have one day off during that period!! Yikes!!

Getting ready for the firehose method of learning again!

Arch

Great job! Yeah, I hear it flies quite a bit and you'll probably see a lot of the country you've never seen before - every week. That being said, it's one of the best looking airplanes on any ramp - besides the CL300!!!!

How many people per training class? Can you confirm that LA is now the ONLY base offered to newhires? That can't be helpful for recruitment...

There are usually 10 or 12 per class. Usually a couple of new hires and a couple of transition pilots from within the company.

He'll be lucky if he sees the plane by August I'm thinking October.

Got accepted as well. Archie we interviewed together. Congrats. Looking forward to my last move. PBI at the end of Aug. Citation Excel.

Congrats Archie,

I just finished indoc last week and start X sim next week.
It is a great place!!
The Indoc break down was: 16 total - 9 Indy air, 2 Comair, 1 Marine, 1 Avantair, 1 Delta, 1 Pinnacle, 1 Charter.

Take Care
WP

You're lucky. When I did X initial, we had NO days off. I left the X for the XL/XLS and am much happier. But the X will be a good first plane to start at NJA.. much better than the non APU Ultra or 400XP. Unless you have to fly with Diesel. Then you'd better not drop the soap!!

Widespreadpanic -

When you get to the sim, ask your academic instructor Mike about his vacation in Gatlinburg. That should freak him out.

Seriously, he's a good dude and you'll enjoy his class. I just went back through X initial following a prolonged medical leave of absence. It didn't get any better the second time through either. 19 days is a helluva long time at the Homewood or Staybridge Suites. Fire me a PM if you have any questions.

Latest resources

Back