Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crack-Ed said:
20.8 Parking Fees at Domiciles/Satellites​

The Company will reimburse parking for a pilot who uses a Domicile/Satellite when no parking spaces are otherwise provided by the Company. The Company and the Union will discuss concerns with Company provided parking.​

Note they only pay when "company parking" is not provided (which is almost always the case).​

I talked to the guy who allows the reimbursement (T&E WM) the other day. We talked specifically about LAX. He told me to use Lot B and it will not be a problem. I have been parking in the employee lot, same bus, for years. It is safe. .....Dont know about VNY. I would think the FBO has parking.

I parked in the employee lot (E) for years as well - trust me, it sucks. The buses from the terminal to the lot are so infrequent that if you're on Delta or United, by the time they get to those terminals the bus won't stop because it's so full. I've waited more than 45 minutes for a bus on multiple occasions.

If you can avoid parking there, do it. If the company makes it mandatory to park there, then park there.

Ultra Grump said:
I parked in the employee lot (E) for years as well - trust me, it sucks. The buses from the terminal to the lot are so infrequent that if you're on Delta or United, by the time they get to those terminals the bus won't stop because it's so full. I've waited more than 45 minutes for a bus on multiple occasions.

If you can avoid parking there, do it. If the company makes it mandatory to park there, then park there.

The Bus is terrible. I figure from the time I fly over my car for landing, it takes 30 minutes to get back to the lot. As far as it being full, I have had to walk a couple of times from terminal 7 over to terminal 1 to be the first one on the bus. This is usually on a busy weekend ( thanksgiving, xmas). Lot C seems to have more buses, but am not sure as to the cost.

Congrats to Arch & NFO!!!!! Life is good...
Good luck and keep us updated. Thanks again
for all the great info.

skiandsurf said:
The Bus is terrible. I figure from the time I fly over my car for landing, it takes 30 minutes to get back to the lot. As far as it being full, I have had to walk a couple of times from terminal 7 over to terminal 1 to be the first one on the bus. This is usually on a busy weekend ( thanksgiving, xmas). Lot C seems to have more buses, but am not sure as to the cost.
That's why I won't park there until they make me. Lot C has MANY more buses. I'll often see 3 or 4 go by before a B bus goes by. Not sure about the daily rate, but the employee pass for D (next to C) is double the cost of B/E ($30/mo vs $15/mo).

I looked up the daily rate at Lots B and C...I didn't see any employee rates on the LAX website. Lot B is $8/day, and Lot C is $10/day.

Grump,

The employee rates you posted for those respective parking lots were really cheap!

Just domiciles

A friendly reminder for all NJ pilots---when you finish training of any type, please go to the Training Committee's webpage and fill out the survey form so that the committee has direct feedback as they seek to make improvements to the process. Help the volunteers that are working for you. NJW

A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS ITS MEMBERS ARE ACTIVE

Latest resources

Back