• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hired at NJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations, Archie! I'm very glad that you got the offer and I hope you enjoy the job. The X sure is fast, from my perspective in the U-boat fleet...

Welcome aboard and feel free to PM if you have any questions that I might be able to help with.

Archie Bunker said:
Got the call today for a May 8th indoc class at NetJets. I got my first and only choice for domicile (LAX), along with the Citation X (the only aircraft offered).

The type rating course in the Citation X starts on June 1st. I was surprised to see that the course is only 19 days long...that is of course until I noticed that we only have one day off during that period!! Yikes!!

Getting ready for the firehose method of learning again!

Arch

Congrats Archie,
Here is what to expect.
* 2 weeks indoc and a thorough medical. ( this 2 weeks is stress free).
* 3 weeks training...yes firehose method. It is good training but with 5-7 weeks off after training you will forget most of it.
* 4 days of more training after 5 week vacation. (2 days of ground school, 1 day of preflight, 1 day of flying).
* back to vacation while waiting for IOE.

It looks like you are coming from an airline background, prepare yourself to see lots of waste. It is scarey.
I am also LAX based on the X.

Last edited:
skiandsurf said:
Congrats Archie,
Here is what to expect.
* 3 weeks training...yes firehose method. It is good training but with 5-7 weeks off after training you will forget most of it.
* 4 days of more training after 5 week vacation. (2 days of ground school, 1 day of preflight, 1 day of flying).

It looks like you are coming from an airline background, prepare yourself to see lots of waste. It is scarey.

Do you get a break between Indoc and start of a/c training?

skiandsurf said:
Congrats Archie,
Here is what to expect.

Sea and Surf,

Thanks for the info. Derinda told our group of interviewees that the company medical is history in May. She said that all we had to bring to class was a current 1st Class Medical.

Looks like I'll have an approximate 2 week break between indoc and the Citation X type course....after that, who knows how long of a break we will have? NJA has already emailed me the Citation X SOP, the pre-course study guide, and the flight maneuvers manual. The only thing I can't find is a normal checklist (before start/taxi/etc)....or does the X use an electronic one? At any rate, I hope to be somewhat boned up on systems and procedures before I arrive.

Sorry to bug you with questions, but where do you park at LAX?

Archie

Archie Bunker said:
Sea and Surf,
Thanks for the info. Derinda told our group of interviewees that the company medical is history in May. She said that all we had to bring to class was a current 1st Class Medical.
Looks like I'll have an approximate 2 week break between indoc and the Citation X type course....after that, who knows how long of a break we will have? NJA has already emailed me the Citation X SOP, the pre-course study guide, and the flight maneuvers manual. The only thing I can't find is a normal checklist (before start/taxi/etc)....or does the X use an electronic one? At any rate, I hope to be somewhat boned up on systems and procedures before I arrive.
Sorry to bug you with questions, but where do you park at LAX?
Archie

Glad to hear about the medical. Study the material, get familiar with the cockpit layout and what the switches do. Obviously know all limitations and memory items. Checklist usage is different from what I was used to. They claim to be very CRM oriented, but I question this. They start the engine with only one pilot in the cockpit. I guess this is the norm for corporate aircraft. And finally parking at LAX. They will reimburse your parking bill. Use Lot B, $8/day. Dont park up front, $30/day. And one last thing, in my short time here, I have found that they do NOT want to talk to me. I have called and left messages for them to call me back regarding something.....they do NOT return calls or my emails. ( it was 1 call and 1 email to one guy, 1 call to the union guy, and 1 email to another department.......no response from any). Still in the touchy feely mode. The direct deposit is always there every other friday. Any more?

skiandsurf said:
Checklist usage is different from what I was used to.

Got a copy of the checklist by any chance?

skiandsurf said:
And finally parking at LAX. They will reimburse your parking bill. Use Lot B, $8/day. Dont park up front, $30/day.

I can understand parking at lot B if you're airlining somewhere to start your trip, but what if your trip starts in LAX, over by the corporate/cargo side of the airport? Can't you park at Signature or Millionaire, or wherever your trip starts? Sorry for the dumb questions, but this is new to me.

Congrats Archie!

Now tell Derrinda to pull my resume from the stack and call me!!!

J/K...good luck...hope to see ya soon!

Eric

(Willing to relocate to LAX!)

Latest resources

Back