Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BornFromJets

Holy furlough Batman
I was wondering because I have a lot of good friends over there, Is today the day that they were supposed to announced what was going to happen to the jets they decided to keep? It seems too quiet on here for an announcement of that size. Just wondering, I wish you all the best of luck. -BFJ

Today was the day they were suppose to announce to CAL if they were going to keep or return the airplanes to them. XJT decided to make that announcement about two months ago instead of waiting. So, there is no date that any kind of announcement is expected on anything. If they find something for the airplanes they will announce it when the deal is final, until then it will just all be speculation and rumor. The latest is 25 LR's to Aviacsa to be flown by Mexican pilots, a few XR's to be used for a charter opertation, and hopefully the rest of them will go to DAL under the current RFP. If the DAL deal falls through, then they will start up their own branded operation. That is the rumor this week, expect it to change by next week.

I think the DAL flying is a long shot personally. We can't offer flying to them for a cheaper price than we charge CAL without lowering the price to CAL. Just doesn't seem likely given DAL's bankrupcy situation right now.

TNPILOT said:
I think the DAL flying is a long shot personally. We can't offer flying to them for a cheaper price than we charge CAL without lowering the price to CAL. Just doesn't seem likely given DAL's bankrupcy situation right now.

Depends on the number of planes in the deal. But no matter, union reps say the DAL is a no go. Ream didn't want to be a part of the low ball bidding war to take place there.

Latest resources

Back