Hey Xjet'ers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReverseSensing said:
Although I appreciate QCappy's enthusiasm for our airline, I have to agree with Turtlesfly on this one. I seriously doubt that service is the key to success or brand loyalty in small-market domestic flying.

I think a much bigger part of QX's success is market semi-exclusivity, frequencies, flying city-pairs people want (eventually, e.g. RDM-LAX) and feed to AS's schedules.

I like beer, but it's basically a gimmick at QX, not a strategy.

Hey when are you going to start flying to SLE? It's been in the works for years since you pulled out when you were still flying Metro's . . . havent seen an airplane there since. How's that going?

QCappy said:
One thing that Horizon has, that I have no idea if ExpressJet has, is an extemely loyal customer base that is willing to pay a little more for the great service they get on Horizon. This includes free beer and wine, which may not sound like much, but it is amazing how many people find that as a huge plus to flying on Horizon.

Funny you should mention the booze/beer angle. If I remember correctly, wasn't this one of the very same tricks that a little 737 startup used back in the 70's to build a business customer base in Texas? At one point I think SouthWest was one of the biggest liquor distributors in all of Texas from their promotion of giving away a bottle of booze for booking a flight on them.

BankAccount=0$ said:
Funny you should mention the booze/beer angle. If I remember correctly, wasn't this one of the very same tricks that a little 737 startup used back in the 70's to build a business customer base in Texas? At one point I think SouthWest was one of the biggest liquor distributors in all of Texas from their promotion of giving away a bottle of booze for booking a flight on them.

This would almost be a valid point if Horizon competed agianst American and Continental in their hubs.

BankAccount=0$ said:

-correct, sir. Southwest Airlines was the biggest distributor of Chivas Regal in the state of TX on the promise that a passenger could receive a free fifth of liquor or a free ice bucket for purchasing a ticket in the 70's.

Latest resources

Back